HELP !!! my intonation is weitrd onthe b and e string. thats the thin e that is.. If the e is tuned it is right on the 12th harmonic but when i fret 12th fret lightly it is sharp. Not just a little but noticeably sharp and same with my b?
What could be the problem??

Thanks
lower your action. It will fix the problem.
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
move the saddles back on the strings that are sharp.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
If the 12th harmonic is exactly the same as the open e doesnt that mean it should be correct with the 12th fret also?
the 12th fret and the 12th fret harmonic should both match the open note afaik.
Not particularly. if you have a guitar that has its action too high, it will be sharp when fretted. The same if the neck bolts need to be tightened (if you have a bolt-on) And if you need a shim, which pertains to the action again, and you don't have one, that will cause a problem, also.

EDIT: the intonation is right, your problem is the action, one way or another. It's the only thing I can think that it could be.
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
Last edited by Emoishboy at Mar 11, 2009,
fixed the E thanks everyone i had tom ove the saddles back a lotttt . But the weird thing is i dont think it was like this before.. suddenly went like this
Someone tell me if its normal to pull on the strings when i loosen the strings a little bit?? If i dont it wont go down..
how many times is the string wrapped around the tuning post ?