Hey Ug. Im lookin to get a new guitar.
Ive been looking at the Schecter Tempest series. I want to put EMGs in whichever guitar I buy, or replace the BKP with them in my C1 classic..
Ill either get the Tempest custom and stick the EMGs in, or get the Classic, which is a bit more expensive (ebony fretboard, real SD's). Would there be any difference in quality between the 2? Would the ebony board be worth the extra, even for comfort?
I was also looking at the ltd viper 1000, but dont know alot about it.
Thanks
I'm guessing you play metal, i think the viper 1000's also have EMG's (ill check that in a sec), but I would choose the classic if I was in your position.

Edit: this Viper? http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-Viper-1000-Electric-Guitar?sku=516635
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Last edited by splamron at Mar 11, 2009,
Yeah, Ive tried the Schecter tho and found it really comfortable, even tho the ltd already has the EMGs. What about the difference between the custom and classic?
Last edited by sdmf.1919 at Mar 11, 2009,
I don't really know, but instead of buying a guitar and putting emg's in them, why don't you get one with them already in them? Also, if you like Schecter, also look at hellrasier.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
I think the hellraisers look horrible:p hate the binding.
Anyone got experience with the tempest?
Seymour Duncan > EMG
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barack Obama

''Life's tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
Im asking if theres a noticable difference between the classic and custom, and if the ebony is worth the extra
What about the blackjack?
Are the pickups the only difference between them all?
triple post? seriously?

and the binding on the hellraiser is ftw.
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
Quote by sdmf.1919
I dont care, gtf.
Anyone?

you arrogant little prick

and are emgs all that matter to you? cause you want brutal metal tone? like uber super brutal? well you get that from the amp buddy.
Quote by schismed
Seymour Duncan > EMG

That just opinion. But heh, I do agree with ya.

The Classics has neck-thru and Diamond C-1 shape. That's about it.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Mar 11, 2009,
I like Schecters a lot but if you really want EMGs I think your better off buying a guitar with EMGs already installed. I know there are a few Schecters with EMGs as stock pups. Adding EMGs to a guitar that has passive pups is not a cheap swap. Your best bet is to try and get to a music shop with a good selection of guitars and try them out.

You might want to try some guitars with passive pups like Duncans, Dimarzio a lot of guys choose passive over active. I myself am on the fence. I have several guitars with EMGs and the rest stock or brand name pups and truthfully there are guitars I have I like playing with out EMGs. All I have to do is play with my effects to get the sound I want.

John
I dont mind to sound arrogant, but Ive already decided on EMGs, i know what they do and dont do. It wasnt the issue.
I asked, other than the pickups and fretboard, is there any difference between the TEMPEST classic, and the custom.
And how much will the ebony effect the feel/tone.
So far its just been random off topic nonsense and still no answer.
My bad... When someone say Schecter Classic I automatically think of C-1 Classic.

With the classic other than fretboard and pickup you get a flame maple top and locking tuners. Body wood and neck should be about the same grade.

Ebony fretboard is quite hard and will give a brighter tone, as opposed to rosewood.
Some people say ebony is smoother than rosewood. I personally don't share the same idea. Sure it's different in a way but definitely not better or worse than rosewood.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Mar 11, 2009,
I have a schecter C-1+ with EMG 81/85 combo for sale
My Gear