What do you guys think about the Nailbomb humbucker?
I'm probably going to get a set of 'em and wanted to know if it will be worth the money.
you are 'probably going to' get them yet you want to know if it will be worth the money?

how about 'you're thinking of' getting them ???? that'd make more sense if you're asking if they're worth the money

and if you're getting them because of the pretty burnt chrome then lol.

you're too vague .. what do you play, what do you own? do you just own a boss gt10 and no guitars or amps ?
Quote by jimithrash
you are 'probably going to' get them yet you want to know if it will be worth the money?

how about 'you're thinking of' getting them ???? that'd make more sense if you're asking if they're worth the money

you're too vague .. what do you play, what do you own? do you just own a boss gt10 and no guitars or amps ?

Yeah, I bet he has doesn't have any guitar or amp. He has just bought the GT10 for his "star-trek" desk.
You can't really go wrong with bareknuckles, your best shot is to post a thread on their forum.
Jimithrash- stfu, goon.
Ts, Bkp are awesome, i have a pair of painkiller and they destroy youre average passive.
Quote by sdmf.1919
Jimithrash- stfu, goon.
Ts, Bkp are awesome, i have a pair of painkiller and they destroy youre average passive.

what if they've too much high output for what he plays? theres jazz which requires mellow pickups y'know.

such rude kiddies on ug these days lol
Quote by jimithrash

Should've mention these details on the opening post
anyway-
my amp is a Rivera Clubster 25, I'm using a musicman sub1 guitar running through the GT10 to the amp.
I'm going to get 'em off a shop because I can't order them myself.
I play almost everything, a bit of jazz(started to learn recently), Blues, rock, metal.
Quote by sdmf.1919
Painkillers handles jazz fine.
And Im older than you, idiot.

show me a clip or video of painkillers doing jazz then? record one yourself to prove me wrong?

Quote by sdmf.1919
Hey guys, I have a Schecter c-1 Classic, I already upgraded the stock pickups with a BKP Painkiller ceramic set. I was never overly fond of them, I don't really like the whole ceramic sound, I feel that they have too much treble on them and tend to almost sound like a single-coil. They also lack any warmth.

I play metal in a band, but in my spare time I enjoy playing some classic rock and some more laid back stuff. I'm using a Bugera 333xl.

I'm thinking about a set of EMG's, possibly the 81tw and 89 for the coilsplit if I can get them.

What d'you guys think about the versatility of EMG's and general tonality?
I've seen quite a few videos on youtube seeing them being used for some classic rock and various other things (Jazz and blues etc)

you dont even like the bkps yet you recommend them? without assurance? you're bloody terrible.
Last edited by jimithrash at Mar 11, 2009,
Why wouldn't Painkillers handle jazz? They've got the articulation, and if you EQ the amp properly, it would work.
Anyways, TS. BKP are by far the best pickups I've ever played. You can find some sound clips off their forums, or even YouTube them.
Here's a good link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2tUeTMoPmI
Mind you, that's them through a Marshall MG. Imagine that sound through a stack or such.
superman is killing himself tonight
i would say either a Miracle Man humbucker or a Cold Sweat hmbucker by Bare Knuckle.

the Painkiller, NailBomb and WarPig have extreme output from what i have heard

the Blackdog would do you good as well
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Quote by HouseBoy83
i would say either a Miracle Man humbucker or a Cold Sweat hmbucker by Bare Knuckle.

the Painkiller, NailBomb and WarPig have extreme output from what i have heard

the Blackdog would do you good as well

I'm looking for the hot-lead type tone, like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKkMxJiCjTU
The guy who filmed the video used nailbombs so that's why I asked about them.
I've not heard one bad thing from Nailbombs. If that's the tone you want, do it.
Just make sure your amp can handle the awesomeness that is the Bareknuckle Pickup.
superman is killing himself tonight
Yeah man the nailbombs are good(i just dont like the camo covers on them). the painkillers are a good choice to get extreme leads and crunch.

my old guitar player had the warpigs on his guitar...but was a bit much output for the amp he has. so he switch the black dogs
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA