I don't know.....I feel like I don't want to live at all, or maybe i'm just lazy and trying to avoid responsibilities.

I will probably be a failure. I am so unsuited to life.

This probably isn't the right place to post this...I KNOW.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
We all feel like that. Until you're eating gravy off of the floor outside your local K-Mart, then you'll beg for a job.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
You are in the same place as probably most people here. Most people have no idea what they are going to do, don't worry and take it easy. Even people who think they know what they are going to do end up switching their careers and such later. You are OKAY.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
you're 16. things will change and get better, trust me.

Failures don't exist. There is only other peoples opinions on you. **** 'em.

You will figure out what you want to do sooner or later, until then: hang in there.
*stupid 09'er*

this space is for rent. PM me for rates
I was tempted of posting a smartass comment, but I'm going to be serious.

I'm 17 in a few weeks. I've dropped out of my final year of schooling, purely because I hated it. I had aspired to be a chef or a musician throughout my schooling, but got turned off a chef apprenticeship because of the extremely crappy hours, and being a musician is a hit or miss career - there's no stable income until you get signed, and even then, it's still tough.

I'm concreting at the moment for my dad's business, while working part time at nights at a Fish and Chips store. I'm saving up the money to buy that fish and chips store when it goes in the market when I turn 18 (I've talked to the owners).

That's my plan. I have found, even if you have an idea that your set to, career wise, it doesn't mean it's the career for you. Go out and do some work experience in different industries. Relate them to your hobbies, relate them to things you dislike to gain a better appreciation for the work. Do something you never would have thought you'd do as a career. You WILL find something that you enjoy. It's just a matter of finding it.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
well, that was comforting. Kinda.

You know when people ask what I like to do for a living?

They'res this gut feeling inside me that I just want to spend my days not doing anything.

Whenver I read the biographies of successful people I feel so diminished because whoever wrote it would always tell all theses stories of their ambitions when they were teens. Or something.

Quote by Mootallica
I was tempted of posting a smartass comment, but I'm going to be serious.

I'm 17 in a few weeks. I've dropped out of my final year of schooling, purely because I hated it. I had aspired to be a chef or a musician throughout my schooling, but got turned off a chef apprenticeship because of the extremely crappy hours, and being a musician is a hit or miss career - there's no stable income until you get signed, and even then, it's still tough.

I'm concreting at the moment for my dad's business, while working part time at nights at a Fish and Chips store. I'm saving up the money to buy that fish and chips store when it goes in the market when I turn 18 (I've talked to the owners).

That's my plan. I have found, even if you have an idea that your set to, career wise, it doesn't mean it's the career for you. Go out and do some work experience in different industries. Relate them to your hobbies, relate them to things you dislike to gain a better appreciation for the work. Do something you never would have thought you'd do as a career. You WILL find something that you enjoy. It's just a matter of finding it.

that sounds kind of tough...I don't think I could go through that (okay everyone, laugh at me for believing that I can get more out of less work) what keeps you going though?
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Last edited by Laces Out Danny at Mar 11, 2009,
Same here dude, school really does suck. But can't leave school. Parents will kill me
Quote by xl999
you're 16. things will change and get better, trust me.

Failures don't exist. There is only other peoples opinions on you. **** 'em.

You will figure out what you want to do sooner or later, until then: hang in there.

This. It's such an arrogant thing really when people call others 'failures' in the first place
no way, serious replies! in that case, i'll do my best as well.

i have no idea what i'm going to do for a living either, and i'm at uni, but i just have the attitude that whatever happens, happens. it's a bit of an adventure really isn't it
try new things that you wouldn't have thought you'd enjoy and just keep going, and opportunities will present themselves. you might even end up doing something you hate now!
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
What do you determine to be success?

Making a crapload of money, being famous, well known?

Or do you determine it as just making a living, enough to support your family, and to generally enjoy what you do.

Or, do you determine success as living your life how you want to, and enjoying it.

If you chose the third, then you are not alone. The first option is basically a 1% chance, if that makes sense, having all of those. The 2nd and 3rd intertwine with each other, and if you live by the 3rd options principles, then you will be a success, in your own mind. Don't compare yourself to somebody else. Just enjoy what you are doing, and live life selfishly, that way, you will be happy with what you have.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Quote by Laces Out Danny
well, that was comforting. Kinda.

You know when people ask what I like to do for a living?

They'res this gut feeling inside me that I just want to spend my days not doing anything.

Whenver I read the biographies of successful people I feel so diminished because whoever wrote it would always tell all theses stories of their ambitions when they were teens. Or something.

that sounds kind of tough...I don't think I could go through that (okay everyone, laugh at me for believing that I can get more out of less work) what keeps you going though?

What keeps me going? I enjoy what I do. Concreting, it's the family business. I get to spend quality time with my brother, my dad, and some family friends that work for my dad, time that I would've spent studying with friends. At night, I have a great job. I'm almost guaranteed the business for myself (which then I will leave concreting to concentrate on that), plus, I'm working with one of my best mates, and his younger brother who's a good kid as well, and I get along with everyone - plus, it's an easy job without much real headaches.

You know, I could've tried to become a chef, an architect, whatever. Jobs like that, they have their benefits (more money etc), but they have disadvantages, just like any job. Hell, my jobs now have disadvantages. Concreting is one of the worst laboring jobs you can do (health wise), and I've burnt myself at least 100 times at work (oil sprays/spills, burning on grills, hot items etc - most are very very minor burns - only 1 3rd degree on my arm, and a few blisters here and there).

The main thing is enjoying what you do. If you enjoy it, do it. If you don't enjoy it, look for other opportunities, and take them
Quote by srvguitarrulez
dude just pick something that you are good at in life, research career fields in that and what it takes to go to school/training for it, and in the end if you dont like that idea, move on to something else...

dont go to school for something you dont want to do. make it something you know that you will want to go to work for.
My rig:
Gibson faded V
Dean Razorback
Fender Showman Strat
Dean Dimebag Tribute ML
Custom guitar
Boss ME-50
Marshall AVT50H

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if you're in the 8% that still listens to real music.
I think its actually compulsory to feel like that at some point as a teenager! Everyone feels down, and thinks they are useless at stuff at some point. Doesn't mean you are - just means you need to look at things differently. At 16 you should be enjoying life, not worrying about what you want to do with the rest of your life! If you don't know what you want to do for a living just do something you enjoy for now - presumably you are living with your parents, so you have no responsibilities - make the most of it!

If you're not planning on going to college just look for a job that looks like fun - it doesn't need to pay much, cos I'm guessing the only things you need to fund are your guitar habit and beer. If you see something that looks like fun ask them if they have any openings - I don't think I've ever got a job from an advert, I just contacted employers and asked if they have anything available that would suit me.

If you are going to college, and you don't know what you want to do, just pick stuff you enjoy - you've got plenty of time to work out what you want to do longterm. And even if you think you've decided what you wan to do and set off down a path, there's absolutely nothing to stop you changing your mind and doing something different.

EDIT: Don't worry about other peoples definition of being successful - if you are happy then imo you are successful!
I'm 90% likely to end up working in some kind of fast food outlet drive with my failed grades at school and total lack of motivation to do anything. You're not alone.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
No one knows what they want to be for ages; so just adventure, try new things out and do what you love. Even if you do fail... well I guess you at least tried and probably had fun doing so.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
Same here. I don't feel like a 'normal' 9-5 job suits me well at all. I hated working in an office for the short time I was there, but I was mistreated and a million other things so maybe it was just that job in particular that was bad. But I hate having to act completely fake to people down the phone and just to everyone.

I just want a job where I can feel comfortable I guess, and something related to what I enjoy, like music. From what I gather though having a career in music is not very easy to get into.

Anyway what I'm getting at is don't worry, a lot of people are in the same boat as you, it's normal, and you're still young, most people in uni still don't know what to do after they leave.

Edit: I'm incredibly lazy as well, and don't really have motivation to find and try to work towards a career, but that's normal too, if you don't know what you want to do, you aren't going to be motivated to work towards it.
Last edited by Pierced Brosnan at Mar 11, 2009,
Yeah most young people feel the same. Including myself...

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

Been there, still there, and I'm turning 22 this year. When I was 16 I applied for a job at the supermarket, and I told the manager that I wasn't sure what I wanted to do when I grow up, and she laughed and said, "don't worry, I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up". When you sit down and really think about life, it's easy to just laugh at how ridiculous all of it is. We're only going to be here for a blink of an eye in comparison to the life span of the universe. And when we're gone nobody will be around to care or notice.

So don't concern yourself with whether or not people think you are a failure. There are no standards for success. You set your goals and, once you achieve them, you are successful. And someone out there will always be better than you. And someone will always be worse.

Here is a poem that I recommend you sit and read, and I mean really read: http://www.fleurdelis.com/desiderata.htm and pay attention to it.

Don't worry so much. I know how easier that is to say than it is to do. I deal with that every day of my life. It's hard. But you can't just throw in the towel. You're not going to be here very long, but, you are here. Don't be in such a hurry! Sit down, take a look at life. Take the time to learn, to create art, to get to know the people here, to see the places in this world, even if it's only through photos on the net. There's really so much, and it is so fascinating, and yet so few people care to notice it.

In the end all I can really say is hang in there! You don't know where you'll be in ten years time. Or, hell, where you could be tomorrow.
Yeah man I hear you.
At 16 I had NO idea what I wanted to do and I was failing almost all my classes in high school.
I think your problem is that youre not even trying. Once you put your head to something that you want youll do it. The thing is just finding what you want to do.

Im going to school for medical and I have a 3.95 and its hard as hell.
The good times are killing me.

Quote by UG TinyChat
meelad: I know this guy "entity0009" and "mike50227"
meelad: They're the best people there

Above Divine
Meh. I graduate in a few months and I don't have any massive burning ambition when it comes to job etc. I just want to lead a happy life, surrounded by friends and family. The idea of working for some company, the end goal of which is to take the added value of my labour and use it to make someone else rich just bores and sickens me. *hippie*
...Bleep Bloop...
Thanks guys, for the replies. It made me feel better about myself...kinda (there is still some lingering doubt inside)

oh, and thanks for the wee poem there

p.s. and by the way, I have a 2.90 GPA so that narrows down my choices a lot :/ I just don't want to do work.....
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Last edited by Laces Out Danny at Mar 11, 2009,
Yep, I just finished school and my plan was to join the army. That's not possible for at least 6 months, because I was rejected because of BMI. I have to lose 17kgs and sustain it for 6 months. I'm not far off the weight, but I haven't got a job, and I haven't even got a job interview for about 20 jobs I've applied for.
Quote by Pierced Brosnan
This post made me feel better about my own life, thank you sir

You're welcome.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
Thanks guys, for the replies. It made me feel better about myself...kinda (there is still some lingering doubt inside)

oh, and thanks for the wee poem there

You're welcome. Hey, there will always be that feeling deep inside. It's hard to shake. Just don't let it eat you up.

And I hope you enjoyed the poem.
Quote by fretsonfire74
Yep, I just finished school and my plan was to join the army. That's not possible for at least 6 months, because I was rejected because of BMI. I have to lose 17kgs and sustain it for 6 months. I'm not far off the weight, but I haven't got a job, and I haven't even got a job interview for about 20 jobs I've applied for.

I'm kind of expecting the same thing for me....(minus the army part).

hard to imagine why any employer would pick me over any other average person.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Hey. Schooling is not important. While it's true, there are some jobs that can only be obtained through a better schooling, they tend to be the jobs that have the most headaches and stress associated with them (accounting, doctors, architecture).

All the teachers, and even most of my friends have said I'm going to be a failure packing shelves in a supermarket for the rest of my life unless i finish school. I'm only 16 and already earning 700 a week AUD (roughly 400-450 a week USD). When I buy the fish and chips shop, it's already making an after tax profit of 3,000 AUD. The opportunity is coming up, I'm taking it. If i dont enjoy it in 2 years time, 5 years time, 10 years time, it's as easy to sell as it was as easy to buy.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
Join the military. Especially as a 42A or 35F (you'll know what they are if you look em up.) Either way, if you join the Army as those, you sit at a desk and don't do **** all day, then party it up after work!

EDIT: I probably should have joined one of those, when not deployed I can party...other than that I walk/drive around and hope no one shoots at me. >.<
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
I was considering of going into the military, but one thing put me off. Not getting shot/risk of dying etc.... too much exercise LOL
Quote by srvguitarrulez
Quit being a pussy and go to college and get a ****ing job noob.
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Laces Out Danny
p.s. and by the way, I have a 2.90 GPA so that narrows down my choices a lot :/ I just don't want to do work.....

Go to a tech or trade school.
They don't care about GPAs. They just need your GED or high school diaploma.

Quote by UG TinyChat

Above Divine
Quote by Mike50227
Go to a tech or trade school.
They don't care about GPAs. They just need your GED or high school diaploma.

Yeah, but, isn't the job qualities after that going to be a little (or a lot) less since virtually anyone can go in?
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Quote by SoftOath

heres the perfect job...and u only have to say 4 words to get paid minimum wage!!

hi...welcome to walmart, hi...welcome to walmart...etc.

yeah i kno im a douche but in all seriousness...just do something that u enjoy...u dont need a fancy job...

stop making fun of the walmart people. *tsktsk*
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Quote by Laces Out Danny
I don't know.....I feel like I don't want to live at all, or maybe i'm just lazy and trying to avoid responsibilities.

I will probably be a failure. I am so unsuited to life.

This probably isn't the right place to post this...I KNOW.

I'm sure even the best of us have felt like this before.

Life today is very complex. Seems the greater the population the more complex societies become.

Stresses of accommodating yourself in a home, and paying bills etc... Is a real pain in the ass.

Wonder why people so boring? Like they never have time or money for playing guitar or buying sports cars or enjoying life? Like holidays?

It is because if your uneducated with lesser qualifications than others it means you have to struggle getting a job that pays even £20,000 then you have 9-5 day job.. Time disappears and money disappears!

I hope my life never becomes this.
Bottom line: we all just prefer to be lazy, but hardly anyone can afford it. it's either work hard the first half of your life so you can be lazy the latter half, or be lazy one day and work hard the next.

it's an equal 50/50.
*stupid 09'er*

this space is for rent. PM me for rates
Quote by Laces Out Danny
Yeah, but, isn't the job qualities after that going to be a little (or a lot) less since virtually anyone can go in?

Nope. I'm in a tech school right now to become a RMA. Get paided $20-23 an hour once Im done and its only a 8 month program but than I'm gonna go to a real college

Quote by UG TinyChat

Above Divine
I know what I'm gonna do later in life : kill myself
this is reconforting to know that I can end this **** at anytime I want
and I don't need to care about friend and school, it won't matter in the other side
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2