After noticing a few guitars without tone knobs I'm wondering if i could re-wire my guitar so I didn't have a tone knob but I have my concerns, such as, What will the tone be at if i remove it, 0-10? Will it really make a difference in my pups output? Any answers will be greatly appreciated.
Proud owner of:
Laguna LE222 HSS (main)
Ibanez IJX30 (used mainly for drop tuning)
Both threw a Raven RG20
Quote by famboy
After noticing a few guitars without tone knobs I'm wondering if i could re-wire my guitar so I didn't have a tone knob but I have my concerns, such as, What will the tone be at if i remove it, 0-10? Will it really make a difference in my pups output? Any answers will be greatly appreciated.

What the hell... That makes a lot of sense.
Well yes it does depend you rewire them with out the tone pot depending on what guitar you have you can follow these schematics. Use the jim root tele by fender it was made without a tonepot.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
well it will depend what you have your tone set to before you remove it
lol wut? The tone pot is a control that only works when its connected, does your tv remote change channels if the tv is off?

Any way, if you remove the tone pot it will act as if it is full, on 10, because when you put pots to 10 they effectively by pass the pot any way.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
lol wut? The tone pot is a control that only works when its connected, does your tv remote change channels if the tv is off?

Any way, if you remove the tone pot it will act as if it is full, on 10, because when you put pots to 10 they effectively by pass the pot any way.

he's right.
Thanks a lot guys, but will it do anything like boost pups output, or something along those lines?