I bought a new Les Paul and want to hang it on a wall when not being played (duh). However, as everyone knows, it weighs about a gazillion pounds. Is it OK to hang it from the neck/headstock with one of those guitar hangers mounted on the wall putting all the weight on the neck joint? I don't want to hurt anything and it seems like putting all that weight on it may do something. Am I worrying too much or is this a legitimate concern? Thanks for any comments...
should be fine. A friend of mine mounted his LTD EC 1000 and it was fine. I mounted all of my guitars, which are equally heavy, if not more. My F 250 was a skank to install a new strap lock button in. took two tries because it was off balance on the top end the first time.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
If it wasn't okay to do that, every guitar shop in the world would be selling you damaged guitars, as they all store their guitars on the wall by hanging them. It's how they're commonly displayed.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I do it with an EC-50, similar weight, and I've been in countless stores that hang them.
It's fine. Dovetails are pretty strong joints as long as you aren't abusing them and whammying without a whammy bar.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
It's fine. Dovetails are pretty strong joints as long as you aren't abusing them and whammying without a whammy bar.

Is that even possible?

I thought it was recommended that you either hang a guitar by the headstock or use a guitar stand which provides support both on the neck and on the bottom of the body?
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Quote by Hidden Hippo
Is that even possible?

I thought it was recommended that you either hang a guitar by the headstock or use a guitar stand which provides support both on the neck and on the bottom of the body?

Ohh, I was just referring to a video of some kid breaking his guitar neck by pushing the headstock forward and snapping the neck off. Whether it was real or not is a different story, but yeah. loll

Anyway... any guitar stand works...
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
Ohh, I was just referring to a video of some kid breaking his guitar neck by pushing the headstock forward and snapping the neck off. Whether it was real or not is a different story, but yeah. loll

Anyway... any guitar stand works...

I've seen people do this live.

It's what happens when you're dumb.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you