why does everyone bash the spider III? I think this amp sounds really good. I compared it to a bunch of other amps in its price range, and it was the best sounding IMO. it's got tons of power. it beat out vox, peavy, crate, fender, even marshall. this am has presets for just about anything and you can customize your own. any sound you hear in any song, chances are you can create the same sound. it just takes a minute to tweak it. people complain that the distortion has too much of a digital sound to it. all you have to do is tweak it a bit and you can get a pretty deep, rich distortion. and the cleans are much better than people say. especially if you add a little delay. so tell me, why does UG hate the spider?
Last edited by --LP-- at Mar 11, 2009,
Quote by bulletrocks522

DEAR LORD MUST THESE HAPPEN EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!! SEARCHBAR OR GTFO NOOB

thank you, but I don't happen to be "noob"

I know how to use the searchbar, and none of the threads that come up have anything to do with my particular amp or case.

and I have been taking guitar lessons for 3 years. so I'm hardly a "noob" at that. so I'm afraid I will not "gtfo"
Quote by bulletrocks522

DEAR LORD MUST THESE HAPPEN EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!! SEARCHBAR OR GTFO NOOB

+23876872345698347548347
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
here we go w/ another line 6 debate. they're fine, versatile. but the tone just lacks something. but for what it is its ok
Gear:
My Voice
PRS Tremonti II
PRS Hollowbody II w/ Piezo Blue Matteo
PRS 513 25th anniversary
PRS Tremonti SE
Fender John Mayer Relic strat "the black one"

did i mention i like PRS?

20th Anniversary Bogner Shiva
^people do that all the time.....its not spam...

Its just another way of saying you agree

By the way...+23876872345698347548348
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by AE25RR
here we go w/ another line 6 debate. they're fine, versatile. but the tone just lacks something. but for what it is its ok

well it isn't exactly a $2,000 marshall. but for a graduation present, its not bad. I mean I plan on upgrading in the future of course, but I just don't understand why people constantly bash them. for the price, they're not bad. I wouldn't pay $1,500 for it, but I think its worth $650.
Quote by --LP--
well it isn't exactly a $2,000 marshall. but for a graduation present, its not bad. I mean I plan on upgrading in the future of course, but I just don't understand why people constantly bash them. for the price, they're not bad. I wouldn't pay $1,500 for it, but I think its worth $650.

You could do waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better for $650, I'd take a TT over that any day
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

the line 6's just lack tonal ability. the distortion all muds together without discernable notes it makes playing a nightmare. the cleans are ok-ish with the delay but still not good. it just sounds bad, all the effects sound fake and digitalized. for $650 get a small tube amp and you will be much more impressed. also, i used to have a roland cube 60 that could kick the spiders ass. it was the best solid state modeling amp at the time (way better than line 6)
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
Quote by --LP--
I consider quoting spam to be spam. for instance, since you did not quote anything, I will not report you.

But you just quoted spam...
OT: I think line 6 isn't at all that rubbish, but there are better amps.
I don't think they are terrible amps, could probably do better for the money... but like a lot of things on UG its a bandwagon thing. Its cool to hate on the gear that others have because everybody else is doing it...but if you like it, keep it.
Quote by --LP--
*reported*

spam

Creating a post just to say you reported somebody is spam...just to let you know.

Oh, by the way...

*reported*
i use a line 6 spider III 150 and until i upgraded my guit to a Schecter hellraiser C-1 i had no idea what people meant when they said 'It sounds too digital'

i love the way you can set up all your effects and how it's got modeling for some of my favorite songs but i recognize that the sound isnt perfect.

i'm definitely a supporter
PAH!
Quote by --LP--
I consider quoting spam to be spam. for instance, since you did not quote anything, I will not report you.

You quoted something you said was spam too. Should I give you a warning?
Quote by HeavyMetalHokie
the line 6's just lack tonal ability. the distortion all muds together without discernable notes it makes playing a nightmare. the cleans are ok-ish with the delay but still not good. it just sounds bad, all the effects sound fake and digitalized. for $650 get a small tube amp and you will be much more impressed. also, i used to have a roland cube 60 that could kick the spiders ass. it was the best solid state modeling amp at the time (way better than line 6)

have you played the HD150? yes, its true that the effects can sound digital sometimes. mainly the phaser, and flanger/chorus. but I have pedals for those. I use analog effects. and the distortion on this amp is far from muddy. I can hear each individual note clearly through even the highest level of distortion. I chose this amp mainly for its distortion, its versatility, and its raw power.
Look at your second post in this thread. You quoted bulletrocks' post. Then you reported it for spam. Then you said that quoting spam was spam.

And you also said that the "+234612347586" was spam. Do you need to be shown the posts you made 30 minutes ago? They're right up there ^^^ for your perusal.
Quote by --LP--
have you played the HD150? yes, its true that the effects can sound digital sometimes. mainly the phaser, and flanger/chorus. but I have pedals for those. I use analog effects. and the distortion on this amp is far from muddy. I can hear each individual note clearly through even the highest level of distortion. I chose this amp mainly for its distortion, its versatility, and its raw power.

Sigh.
It is slightly muddy, just because you don't have the ear to hear it doesn't mean it's not there.

Secondly:
The amp is terribly sterile with terrible dynamics and it feels very lifeless.
I'd much rather have a Line 6 Flextone, if you want it for the versatility.
Quote by mcraddict81592
^people do that all the time.....its not spam...

Its just another way of saying you agree

By the way...+23876872345698347548348

+23876872345698347548349

BTW I've been playing guitar about 9 years now, and consider myself pretty noobish. Just a thought.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Mar 11, 2009,
Quote by --LP--
I've been playing guitar for 7 years. I've just been taking lessons for 3. I do have the ear for these things and I guess I just like a different sound. I guess you guys just all hate spiders. I feel bad for you. anyways, I'm done with this thread.

HAHA, did you really expect to change everyone's minds? Why bother starting a thread if your just gonna get butt-hurt when you don't get the responses you wanted... typical, UG, typical.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Why bother starting a thread if your just gonna get butt-hurt when you don't get the responses you wanted... typical, UG, typical.

Sounds like 90% of all threads on 'Electric Guitar', just kids with a load of money looking to spend it on a guitar when they're gonna play it through their crappy practice amps.

*sigh*
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Nothing compliments a Gibson Les Paul Custom quite like a Fender Frontman 15R
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I played a gibson LP through a cube 30 for a few months while I was waiting on a tube amp. It was really depressing.
Quote by --LP--
I've been playing guitar for 7 years. I've just been taking lessons for 3. I do have the ear for these things and I guess I just like a different sound. I guess you guys just all hate spiders. I feel bad for you. anyways, I'm done with this thread.

No, we feel bad for you for liking a shitty amp.
Quote by Roc8995
I played a gibson LP through a cube 30 for a few months while I was waiting on a tube amp. It was really depressing.

Not nearly as bad as MG's, Frontman, Crate GFX, etc.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by --LP--
*reported*

spam

No
Thats not spam, this thread is. Since you have to be an ass and report that, im reporting this.