Not sure whether to put this here or GB&C but anyway. I have an opportunity to snag an 05 Gibson SG Special for under $400. The reason the price is so low is the paint has been sanded off and never refinished. This is not a big deal to me playing wise, but I can't really afford it (even though I probably am gonna buy it) so I'm just wondering how this will affect the resale, in case I need to, oh I dunno, pay rent. Also wondering how difficult refinishing would be (GB&C I know). Anyways, is this really too good to pass up, or just a pretty good deal? I'm debating blowing money I don't have because I like SG's and I won't be able to afford a Gibson anytime soon, unless its a deal like this....

Thoughts?

Edit: I should add that I just bought a brand new MIM Strat HSS, and I would sell that and buy the SG but I don't see them as interchangeable... I will be keeping the Strat, but this recent purchase makes it a little more difficult.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Mar 11, 2009,
It's a 1 time deal.
So get it if you really want it and don't mind it being un-finished.
You can always finish it later.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Well, they sell new SG faded guitars for around $750.
I love SG's, but these seemed kind of chintzy (the newer ones anyway) to me. The necks are kind of raw.

But $400 seems reasonable if you like the way it plays.
^ Ya I kind of agree, I like the sound and playability but for looks and feel its definitely not my top choice. If the price is reasonable I will pass up, if the price is REDICULOUS, I will buy...

Edit: HOLY ****, Neighbor of the Beast... funniest thing i've heard in a while.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Mar 11, 2009,