Ok so I am in a band and the other guitarist has a Spider III (using the master of puppets sound setting). A lot of people here say it sucks for gigging, but I can't see a problem with it in terms of sound, and it works well for practices. Does it get considerably worse at high volumes? My gear is in my sig, would we both be heard clearly at the same (high) volume? He has an Epi LP if anyone needs to know. Thanks!
My question is, why would you let your bandmate use such a horrid amp?
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Quote by Random3
I'm not worried about my amp being heard, I'm wondering if the Line 6 will be heard clearly if played at the same volume as the VK

Gotcha. Tough call with all the variables, but those amps do get worse as you increase the volume. This goes for most solid state amps in this price range.
If he uses a Mic through the PA and leaves the volume below 3 it will be ok.
the spider III's are pretty gross when you turn them up and you are using the on-board effects (especially the distortion settings), but if he has external effects pedals, and leaves the amp on clean, it really isn't horrible at high volumes
Quote by bobdohl
the spider III's are pretty gross when you turn them up and you are using the on-board effects (especially the distortion settings), but if he has external effects pedals, and leaves the amp on clean, it really isn't horrible at high volumes

nah he doesn't have any effects pedals, he uses the onboard ones. I thought modellers were supposed to like vomit if you connect pedals?
Hey. I'm the guy with the line 6. I have to say at practices, we play LOUD and it sounds fine. Sometimes, if there is one, i output the amp into a marshall 4x12 cab and it sounds beastly but on its own, its really good. I use it at a RockSchool on tuesdays after school and play it loud and its fine. No muddiness and if i have the noise gate on, no feedback. I honestly dont know what the fuss is about. I love my amp and for the money, its a steal
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by Random3
nah he doesn't have any effects pedals, he uses the onboard ones. I thought modellers were supposed to like vomit if you connect pedals?

yup. that's pretty much the point of them.
███████████████████████████████████
Quote by leony03
Hey. I'm the guy with the line 6. I have to say at practices, we play LOUD and it sounds fine. Sometimes, if there is one, i output the amp into a marshall 4x12 cab and it sounds beastly but on its own, its really good. I use it at a RockSchool on tuesdays after school and play it loud and its fine. No muddiness and if i have the noise gate on, no feedback. I honestly dont know what the fuss is about. I love my amp and for the money, its a steal

lol you're in a rockschool.

as far as i know those words are antonyms.
Quote by tona_107
lol you're in a rockschool.

as far as i know those words are antonyms.

So what I do rockschool. Its just a band practice closer to home. My normal practices are 25 mins drive away whereas this is 5 minutes and a good price. Gets me away from stresses and problems of school work
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot