i wanted my neck of my bass adjusting with the truss rod etc.

someone i know said they'd do it for me and they ended up taking the nut out from the top, is this bad? cos the nut wont go back in

bit worried he's totally screwed my bass up.
Shamone
I see no reason why he would take the nut off for a truss rod adjustment, even if he was doing some filing on the nut he shouldnt take it off
If you're just adjusting the truss rod, I don't get why anyone would take the nut off? That seems really absurd unless the guitar calls for it. I would just take it to a guitar tech and don't let someone touch your guitar again unless they know what they're doing!
If the nuts off i presume the strings are of too, well take them off. What was needed that required truss rod adjustment.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
i should have just taken in to the store in first place, i just told him i wanted action lowering so he said he'd sort me it out. Clearly he didn't and i'm gonna get in into the local store asap.
Shamone
And get him to pay for it.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
aye will do, it wont need a new neck putting on will it? just matter of getting em to line it up properly and get that nut/screw back on the truss rod. think its like £35 but can imagine it goin up alot if new neck is needed.
Shamone
so to get things straight, it's the nut on the truss rod that he took out, not the slotted piece of plastic (or whatever) that holds the strings at the top of the neck, right?

hrm. well just do what everyone else is doing you to do then...

peer pressuuuuuure
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!