So I have a black Epi SG Special, not that much of a guitar eh? It will be when I'm done with it. I'm going to mod it, I am going to swap pups, repaint it. (need ideas), and anything else that comes to mind, maybe a new neck, some inlay work, I really don't know what all I can do, I'm new to modding, so guys, here is what I want.

1. Ideas for paintjob, it's and SG body so keep that in mind.
2. Ideas for other ways to mod it and make it a better guitar.

Also, how can I get the EPIPHONE off the headstock, I wanna put my own on there.

Thanks guys, I'll take pics of what I do, but they won't be up for a while, I lost my cam's USB cord.
i beleive Metalwarrior40 does custom inlay jobs. nuthinbuttrubl8 can build pups and can get discounts on parts and hardware.
edit: jsut get a new neck, something really smooth, unless its a set neck, then sand the finish off, you'll have torefinish the headstock
Last edited by blandguitar at Mar 11, 2009,
the epiphone logo is an inlay isnt it? if it is you're not gonna get it out without making a mess. you could paint over it suppose, but i would just leave it to be honest.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
I actually have that same guitar I was wanting to mod mine also specifically the pups and a new neck.I was just wondering if it was possible to put a 24fret guitar neck on a guitar that only has 22frets in the first place without too much work
^ i don't think so because of different scales, but if it is possible then I will on this one. And to everyone else, thanks, but I need ideas for what to paint it, I want a cool paint job on it, but something different...
Im repainting my strat white with black stripes, its easy but it looks great (the design, lets hope the guitar will too, my first time painting xD)
Anyway, what im trying to say is, you can just choose 2 collors and do something with stripes or anything like that, its easy and it will make the guitar look unique instead of a paint job with 1 collor.
Not sure if stripes would go on an SG though, if you get some experience you could try a sunburst on it or something?
Any way, good luck
Quote by sglover34479
^ i don't think so because of different scales, but if it is possible then I will on this one. And to everyone else, thanks, but I need ideas for what to paint it, I want a cool paint job on it, but something different...

The number of frets has nothing to do with scale length. The number of frets has to do with the number of frets. The two are different. You won't be able to put a 24 fret neck on there though because the fret board will continue down to where the neck pup is. You could get a custom neck built that would fit in there though that would work, but that will cost more then it is worth unless you want to do it yourself. If you do be prepared to do alot of work crunching the numbers and hand cutting fret slots.

As for paint ideas, there is a sticky at the top of the forum. I am surprised how many people neglect to search it.
Get a new neck, refinish it, new pickups. Add in a Bigsby as well.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by PainIsPower
The number of frets has nothing to do with scale length. The number of frets has to do with the number of frets. The two are different. You won't be able to put a 24 fret neck on there though because the fret board will continue down to where the neck pup is. You could get a custom neck built that would fit in there though that would work, but that will cost more then it is worth unless you want to do it yourself. If you do be prepared to do alot of work crunching the numbers and hand cutting fret slots.

As for paint ideas, there is a sticky at the top of the forum. I am surprised how many people neglect to search it.

Thanks for your input, I didn't know, and I think I'll just keep it at 22 frets for now, and for the painting, I saw that but figured I'd ask here because I was already gonna make the thread so it wouldn't be totally spam.
Quote by Baby Joel
Get a new neck, refinish it, new pickups. Add in a Bigsby as well.

Please read the first post, I already said pups, and refinishing it, and maybe new neck, I asked if there was anything else, please read before you post.
scratch and sniff,
Gear:
Jackson rr5+rr3
epiphone les paul std
fender classic 50's
Epiphone sheraton ii
blackstar ht-5s
vox ac15c1
bugera 333xl
framus 2x12
mxr carbon copy
mxr bls chorus
ehx holy grail
^ mate, I've seen u say that samething in three different threads, so plz do us a favor and STFU
The "epi" on the headstock is just painted. If you sand it to bare wood it will be gone. The issue with the epi bolt necks is the availability of aftermarket necks. There just isnt a huge market for high dollar replacement necks for such low price guitars. You might be able to find a replacement but probably wont be any better than the stock one. Much less 1 with inlays or more frets.
All parts has a neck, same scale, 24 frets. Don't know if you interested in that though.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
paint it cream with a white pickguard, gold p90 pups, and a bigsby
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Route a shape of your choice out of the body. I saw it done and was the most badass SG I'd ever seen.
------

Shwiggity.