the bass whammy?
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
I use digitech synth wah; only thing i use on its the octaver. Tis ver good. See if you can find a used boss OC-2 possibly aswell.
EHX Micro Pog...tracks perfectly.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Mar 11, 2009,
what about one that doesnt spaz on the B string? haha just kidding

i tried the boss and that wont help you, it is a fairly weak octaver, but then again its the only one i ever played
MXR just released a new bass octave pedal (the M-288). Don't know how the e string performance is, but it sounds pretty good
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by kugelspot
MXR just released a new bass octave pedal (the M-288). Don't know how the e string performance is, but it sounds pretty good

I linked to a review of it, which had a section showing it's tracking. It requires fairly articulate playing, and appears to not be able to keep up with his fastest playing, but when he plays it like he does in the video, it tracks well.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Taygunov
what about one that doesnt spaz on the B string? haha just kidding

i tried the boss and that wont help you, it is a fairly weak octaver, but then again its the only one i ever played

I can tune my B string down to F#, and play a F# minor 7 chord with the root, one octave up and down, and it doesn't trick my Micro POG.

EDIT: Why do bass players just LOVE the low octave? What about the high one? Jeez.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Mar 12, 2009,
Micro POG is very good, plus you can track one octave up to.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by thefitz
I can tune my B string down to F#, and play a F# minor 7 chord with the root, one octave up and down, and it doesn't trick my Micro POG.

EDIT: Why do bass players just LOVE the low octave? What about the high one? Jeez.

because if you want a high one then the guitar is the instrument for you
And the 95% of octave guitar players that use octave below, and TWO OCTAVE BELOW octavers...

What when you want to sound like a guitar and bass playing in unison? While a guitarist solos? Y'know, something useful n' stuff?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
And the 95% of octave guitar players that use octave below, and TWO OCTAVE BELOW octavers...

What when you want to sound like a guitar and bass playing in unison? While a guitarist solos? Y'know, something useful n' stuff?

In all fairness, you could cop this by playing an octave up with the octave below filling in.

Personally, I just prefer the octave down sound. I am most likely going to jump on the new MXR when it comes out. I just feel that if I wanted some octave up stuff, I would want more than just an octave (i.e. more harmonising options).

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
The new MXR bass octave deluxe looks promising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxQRMoMv_5s

I just watched that, and wow. I really want one now, I cant find them in shops, are they out yet?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
I just watched that, and wow. I really want one now, I cant find them in shops, are they out yet?

Mid April I believe is the release date.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
For these types of pedals, can you change the sound as it is going? Perhaps, hold a note and turn down the pitch gradually (bend over and give your pedal board a little tweak and make some bass dooooooo thing)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
With the EHX Bass Micro Synthesizer/Synth (2 different pedals), I think you can. But you run into some dangerous dissonance territory.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Last edited by thefitz at Mar 12, 2009,
Quote by thefitz
With the EHX Bass Micro Synthesizer/Synth (2 different pedals), I think you can. But you run into some dangerous dissonance territory.

Aren't they the same pedal, but is simply a newer XO version of the old one?

Anyway, I think the Bass Whammy would do what you want, but they are notoriously hard to find and expensive.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I'm curious myself as I've had limited experience with effect pedals. What about the EHX octave multiplexer on the high frequency? I've tried it when I played guitar but I have no idea if it would work well on bass.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Does anyone have some sound samples of using the Micro POG? Because just listening to it being played on a guitar doesn't do it for me. I would try one out myself but the stores around here have horrible selection to choose from.
Quote by Greenday389
Does anyone have some sound samples of using the Micro POG? Because just listening to it being played on a guitar doesn't do it for me. I would try one out myself but the stores around here have horrible selection to choose from.

Check the EHX site or search it on youtube, it shoulden't be too hard to find a demo on bass.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Garou1911
Check the EHX site or search it on youtube, it shoulden't be too hard to find a demo on bass.

That's where I have been checking. lol

EDIT: This is all I have found so far...not a very clear sample but I don't notice anything hugely bad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RGdmuCMzk8&feature=channel

EDIT2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc2TNiB56Jc Finally found something!
Last edited by Greenday389 at Mar 12, 2009,
Quote by gm jack
In all fairness, you could cop this by playing an octave up with the octave below filling in.

This. It's the same reason why so many people tune down and so few tune up

EDIT: Holy s*** that MXR is nice. Me wants!
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Last edited by kugelspot at Mar 13, 2009,