A'ight, I'm selling my Gibson and using part of the money to bail me out financially and the other part to get a Tokai or something so I still have a guitar. I tried one of their Firebirds out the other day and I was rather impressed. However, I have a problem- one pickup (red) or two pickups (white)?

I play alt. rock, sometimes verging into heavy, grungey territory- a lot like Human Waste Project, actually. I don't really use the neck pickup that often, but I'm just wondering which one I should pick.
i would get the white purely because i think it just looks sick, but it's up to you really. i assume the single humbucker is cheaper but it comes down to weather you like that red finish or not, and if that is enough to make you go for the more expensive one.
signed,
your favorite poster
I'd get the one with two. It looks awesome (You never see white firebirds), and two humbuckers is way more versatile than one.
Up to you though.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Personally, I love them both- I'm a Firebird nut! However, my mate Crispin in Queenadreena uses a white Epi firebird and he may think I'm copying him! Perhaps I should go for the red... oh, and they're the same price.

My reasoning is that it's best for simplicity's sake- there's much less to go wrong, and it should sound a bit ballsier due to the lack of extra wires and the extra wood, amirite?
Quote by Aidy Damage
Personally, I love them both- I'm a Firebird nut! However, my mate Crispin in Queenadreena uses a white Epi firebird and he may think I'm copying him! Perhaps I should go for the red... oh, and they're the same price.

My reasoning is that it's best for simplicity's sake- there's much less to go wrong, and it should sound a bit ballsier due to the lack of extra wires and the extra wood, amirite?

And less magnetic pull = more sustain.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
if you're certain you're not going to miss the neck pickup then get the red one
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I sometimes use the neck pickup when I'm in my bedroom shredding, but never really in a band application- it's all about the bridge pickup. Also, what about the bridge? Would it stay intonated in, say, drop D?

I'm pretty set on the red one- loads of guitarists I like use white firebirds, and my friends are all saying the red one looks more 'me', and could imagine me complaining about always twatting the pickup switch/having too many knobs/having the same guitar as my mates.
Whilst I'm pretty sold on the red Firebird, are there any other sub-£300 I should be looking at? I've also thought of getting Tokai's SG Jr copy and doing it up a bit- good idea, or would it not *do* rawk that well?
the bridge will intonate fine in drop D, you'll only run into problems if you use high string gauges with a wound G.

the only thing you really need to be sure on is if you like the tone of mini humbuckers. if you do then go for it, if you don't then you need a different guitar. P90 guitars do sound ok for rock although they tend to get noisy and slightly muddy if you crank the gain. There isn't much in the sub £300 area that isn't a strat, tele, lp or sg copy
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I've been using p90s for ages, so I'm used to them. If I go for the SG, it'll be this:

I've been using a Gibson SG Special DC for ages, but I'm having to part with it and get a cheaper guitar to pay off some massive expenses. So, would the SG be a good bet if I have to go that bit cheaper? Oh, and finding a case for a firebird would be a bitch, and I'd prefer a gigbag, to be honest.
Wow that sg is pretty good looking
me wants
(same with the firebirds)
presonally with the firebirds i'd go with the white one because I use the 2 pickups all the time but if you're sure you won't, go with the red (I think it looks better anyways )
based on the looks only though, i love that sg
Last edited by Darkflame at Mar 15, 2009,