Hi guys, recentley ive been wanting to improve my timing and i find using metronomes repetitive and a bit boring at times. I was wondering if anyone knew where i could get artists backing tracks with only the drums on and no other instruments. I found a couple on youtube but not many. I play a bit of guitar and a lot of bass and would like to record over some drum tracks.

Please share any info you have about either making drum tracks or a website that has popular drum tracks or isolated drums.....

cheers ;p
I don't know much about drum tracks, but there are lots of drum machine programs to write your own beats. I use hydrogen. Its made for linux primarily but you can download mac and windows versions on their downloads page.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
I used to use a site, looperman.com (they have short drum tracks, as well as other instruments)

I've also used hydrogen, that's good and free, but there's another one that's a bit better but not free called acoustica beatcraft. They both let you program your own drum tracks.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX