I'm working on recording a solo album (unless I can get some band mates), and have a lot recorded so far, but need some public opinion before I go much further. I've uploaded a rough album opener. It's short, but to me it should set a good tone for the rest of the material. I played all the instruments, and am by no means a drummer, so the drum track sucks. Also, don't currently own a bass. Anyway, let me know what you think!

EDIT: Not sure exactly what genre to use, but it is very metal-ish I suppose.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=447414611
Last edited by rechard718 at Mar 11, 2009,
I liked it. Short and sweet, cool scream also. When you get them, post your full songs also-I'd like to hear them.
Thanks! Will do, when I can get around to it. I used to play with a drummer, so it was easier when I didn't do everything myself. Hard to stay motivated on my days spent just mixing and editting...
sounded pretty good... I bet if you tweaked your audio tracks with mixer/ equalizer you could make it sound awesome. It just needs some polishing to get that intensity, but hey its rough @ the moment. So yeah, maybe redo the scream and make it deeper or do so with equalizer, and try to take the "popping" sound out of the clean, possibly use a guitar that won't make that pop and mix it onto the other track.

Send me a message when you get some more done though... I want to hear more
Quote by rechard718
Thanks! Will do, when I can get around to it. I used to play with a drummer, so it was easier when I didn't do everything myself. Hard to stay motivated on my days spent just mixing and editting...

haha i know what you mean. I'd rather be playing than working it out with my computer. that kind of sucks. Like ^^^^^ said, tighten it up a bit and you're golden, and message me when you get more.
Yeah, I used a guitar with active pickups for the clean, and I want to redo it using one of my guitars with passive. I'll play around with the EQ tonight, and see what I can do. Audacity also has the noise removal feature. Thanks for the crit!
That sounds like a great idea. I've got a good effects pedal I can use for it too. I'm at work atm but I'll give yours a listen this evening when I get home.
Quote by rechard718
That sounds like a great idea. I've got a good effects pedal I can use for it too. I'm at work atm but I'll give yours a listen this evening when I get home.

Cheers mate.