So i'm considering getting it. trouble is that to be able to get it at a decent price I would have to order online as my two local Jackson dealers are too expensive and generally crap. so I won't be able to try this model. so is it worth the risk of not being able to try first? it seems like a very good guitar and has better pickups than most other guitars that are in the same price range.

also what models should I look out for to try in shops that are similar to this?

edit: Just found out that the guitar has gone up to £500 in price at GAK. So rather than look for cheaper guitars I will save up that amount. but I was also wondering what other guitars in that range were worth looking at give or take £50. there are some good looking Epiphone,ESP and Fenders
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Last edited by WARLOCK123 at Mar 13, 2009,
I'm sure that if you just asked, the dealers might order one or two of those guitars in their stores. Then you can try them out and if you don't like the price, get it online, but I recommend you try it first before buying.
its ok,it cant be rediculisly uncomfortable,and you'd get used to it
if not,you cold return it

i would get it or something that you can physically touch/see before though
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
well I want to try something that has a similar neck to see what its like cos no stores ever have this guitar in stock and it would have to be ordered in. and just ordering in a guitar just to try and maybe not buy it is just unfair on the store

Quote by _bacon_

can't you go to your local jackson dealer to try it?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ I would have by now but they don't stock the DK2T . so I want to try something similar

Quote by _bacon_

^ those EMG pickups arn't meant to be that good and plus I don't want a trem. it looks good though

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by WARLOCK123
^ I would have by now but they don't stock the DK2T . so I want to try something similar

do they have any of the other pro series jacksons? i *think* their necks are similar, if not identical. the neck specs should be on the jackson website... find the specs of the sk2T neck, and then see if any other models have the same neck specs.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You cant really go wrong with the DK2T mines perfect to play and sounds great with the seymour duncan pickups, though with everything you should still try it first but as you cant do that try the DK2M or any DK2 practically the same specs apart from floyds and maple fretboard
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
well I am gonna go and see in one of the local dealers if they have the DK2M or DK2 so I can try them.

and as for price range. I don't want to spend much more than £400. so thats why I might buy from GAK seeing as the 2 local jackson dealers inflate the prices soo much.

edit: also, how versatile is it? I know its pretty much built for rock and metal styles but will it do blues and softer stuff?

Quote by _bacon_

Last edited by WARLOCK123 at Mar 12, 2009,
i had the same problem as you and just took a shot in the dark and i love it, but it might be worth trying other jacksons with a similar neck profile, you may find the bridge pickup a little treble heavy
Gear

Ibanez RG1451 (Bareknuckle Aftermath bridge, Cold Sweat neck)
Jackson DK2T(Bareknuckle Miracle Man bridge,SD Jazz neck)
Ibanez RG321mh(SD JB bridge)
Epiphone SG-400,
Ibanez RG370DX,
Vintage V6

Pod X3 into KRK RP8 G2's
yeah, the RR3, DKMG, DK2, DK2M, ... all have the same necks. Try one of these out and look if you like the neck profile. Then order online.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
^

versatility depends, to a large extent, on the pickups. which pickups does it have again, JB and '59? JB and Jazz? or is it one of the ones with emgs?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
JB & Jazz. I pulled the Jazz for a 498T (odd choice I know) and wired it with two volumes. The range of sounds I get out of it is incredible. The Jazz was alright, they are just a little anemic compared to the JB for me, especially in the context of a higher gain environment where imo, that warmness and smoothness turns to muddiness in the neck position.
Haha, that is a very odd choice. A bridge pickup in the neck position. I wonder how it plays... I might try that once. I have a 498T around somewhere. Now I only have to find a victim with a guitar on which i may try this one out, cuz i dont want to change the alnico pro II in my soloist because it's excellent.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
if it's got the JB and Jazz it's probably going to be reasonably versatile, i'd have thought.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if it's got the JB and Jazz it's probably going to be reasonably versatile, i'd have thought.

thanks. I have no real experience with Seymour Duncans or EMGs. they both have such a wide range its hard to remember whats what

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by Dave_Mc

I think the Jazz is a great clean pickup, but it's not as smooth or defined as a '59 when used with a fair bit of gain in the neck due to it being kind of flat tonally imo. Not saying it is a bad pickup, it's just one that is a bit of a niche pup to me.
Quote by CJRocker
I think the Jazz is a great clean pickup, but it's not as smooth or defined as a '59 when used with a fair bit of gain in the neck due to it being kind of flat tonally imo. Not saying it is a bad pickup, it's just one that is a bit of a niche pup to me.

how would it handle blues with a bit of distortion? obviously I wouldn't use it for rock/metal or anything. but as long as it can pull of blues well then i'm happy

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by CJRocker

agreed.

i think the jazz'll handle blues ok, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?