Page 1 of 3
I was wondering what everyone thinks about bands that are christians. Personally, being a christian, i think there really cool. But theres also a ton of christian bands that are in the secular music buisness. Heres a few:

Relient K
Switchfoot
Underoath
Skillet
The Elms
Thousand Foot Krutch

Leave your thoughts
Last edited by WOODY_B at Mar 11, 2009,
What's the difference between a Christian and a Cristian?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist

I was wondering the same thing..
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black pucks with sticks.

Quote by sw1ss023
awesomeness scares me
he makes me want to scream "wee"
he gives me a boner

My Band - Facebook

Twitter - Metal_Quotes

last.fm

-jakewilliams.tumblr.com
They are not really christians, they are really evil scientology midgets in disguise brainwashing people christians with music that redirects your bowel movement and make you choke to death on a fudge dragon.
"And on the 4th day God created fog and regretted it bitterly"
Quote by rabidguitarist

An 'H'

I usually listen to Christian Rock/Metal and find some bands very good.
The ones you listed are very talented musicians, and i've seen Skillet and TFK live.
Corpus Christi is also very good, and lately, i've enjoyed some of Impending Doom's new material. Demon Hunter is also one of my top bands just because they have a good sound. Becoming the Archetype, though, tops my "Best Christian Guitar Solo Band". They do some crazy stuff.

With Christian bands, though, you have to consider the message behind it. Is it Biblical or not? How is the message represented? Stuff like that.

Thats about my opinion on it.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
Quote by rabidguitarist

Nothing, i guess i just didnt spell it all the same lol
There is no such thing as Christian rock because that would imply that the rest of it is evil.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by ZanasCross
The ones that make music not about Jesus, but are a bunch of Christians making music tend to be better. New Skillet, Project 86, etc...

Only one I truly enjoy though is Project 86.

I used to LOVE Project.

I'm not a Christian myself, but I have liked Skillet and the rest of them. I don't like preachy music, really.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by BlackandSilver
There is no such thing as Christian rock because that would imply that the rest of it is evil.

Not necessarily. Alot of modern music is classified by their sound. Not content. If there is a rough, ROCK, sound, they can be classified as Christian "Rock", but that doesn't make them evil.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural

Mesa Single Rec
Quote by The Chauffeur
making musik based on the biggest lie ? totally dumb!!!

that's what i think too.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
If they make music I like, then fair enough, If they don't, they don't. Religion doesn't come into it.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by eteam_sammy4him
Not necessarily. Alot of modern music is classified by their sound. Not content. If there is a rough, ROCK, sound, they can be classified as Christian "Rock", but that doesn't make them evil.

i think you misunderstood. if we accept that such a thing as christian rock exists, then everything that isn't christian rock can accurately be called non-christian rock, and from a christian viewpoint, that is evil.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by eteam_sammy4him

Weather or not you think so, labling things by religion creates segregation and I've seen many Christians live by it. =/
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by NinjaLamppost
And me. We should start a club.

On topic: Do you mean bands who are christian, or bands with christian lyrics, who preach at their concerts and that?

They can be any type of christian band really, but i wasnt thinking about bands that preach at there concert and the like.
And by the way, alot of the so called "christian secular" bands, bands that are christians but dont preach or anything at there concerts still have songs that have religous or biblical references. Alot are just hard to hear if your just passivly listening to the music, not looking for the references
i listen to bands like underoath, the devil wears prada, a day to remember ect ect all concider themselves to be christian bands, which is totally cool because theyre lyrics actually mean something to them instead of spitting out the omg my life is nothing when its really not. but anyways, im not really big on the religion thing but i love that they can write their songs to be christian if thats how you roll, but if not, then you can apply them to any other aspect of life or whatever.
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
i think you misunderstood. if we accept that such a thing as christian rock exists, then everything that isn't christian rock can accurately be called non-christian rock, and from a christian viewpoint, that is evil.

Ahh, i see what you are saying. Sorry for the misconception. Yet, not all music that is 'non-christian' is evil. Bands with no tie at all to religion can carry a strong, positive message that is encouraging. Obviously, that can't be classified as evil. I, personally, don't think music can be evil because humanities view on evil is so distorted, killing kittens could be evil. Music is art, it CAN carry a negative message, but evil is a distant idea. Thats just what i think though.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural

Mesa Single Rec
Quote by ZanasCross
The ones that make music not about Jesus, but are a bunch of Christians making music tend to be better. New Skillet, Project 86, etc...

Only one I truly enjoy though is Project 86.

Those are defenitly the best bands
Kutless are amazing, I suggest some of you guys check them out, Christian or not, they're incredible.
Same with Seventh Day Slumber.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Yeh, even though you can't really hate something so dumb like that, i find most christians to be incredibly up their own arse. Never even wanted to listen to a Christan rock band, why would i? It would be like all the "punk" **** you see in the charts today - It's not punk, they are made by the media, only to make money. I always thought Rock music was the Devils music anyways? Have Christians stopped being so scared of hell?

I actually watched a program on Evangelical Christians last night. I guess you could call them the Evolutionist's of Athiesm. They believe in all that is Creation. And their argument for this? "Hey look at that rock formation! How nice is that! Science is so dumb for thinking that formation was accidental, not intelligent design"

I dont mind these Christians runnin' about doin whatever they want, in their own little families, but Tv programs where they are literally walking round saying "You're all going to hell for telling a white lie!" etc etc. Pisses me off. The Earth is an accident, we are an accident, the sun will die cuz it runs out of gas, not because of some deity. If we die from a comet, its because of a comet, not because we didnt pray last night etc etc.
Quote by BlackandSilver
Weather or not you think so, labling things by religion creates segregation and I've seen many Christians live by it. =/

I've seen people do that too. Its sad and wrong. Christians are taught to be accepting and stand for what we believe, but when we strictly classify art by religion, we dig ourselves a rut and destroy Christ's image. Segregation from the world is the exact opposite of what Christians should strive for. We should have greater standards, but still know what is happening in the world around us.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural

Mesa Single Rec
I'll listen if its good, Like Five Iron Frenzy amoung others...But like all music, 95 percent of it is crap. But I don't rush to its "Christian Music" so it must be preachy and terrible.
i listen to music for music not the words they say just what it sounds like when they say them.. demon hunter is a very good band and while i dont agree with any religion even in the slightest i still listen to them and enjoy it because its the sound that counts.
Faith +1 is the best band of all time!
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Quote by steeLmonkeyz
I always thought Rock music was the Devils music anyways? Have Christians stopped being so scared of hell?

Alright, well, lets just say I don't agree with most of your post, but this is easily the most ignorant part. Um, no? Who told you that? Because 1 person believes that means all christians do? No.

Oh, I love Skillet, Flyleaf and Switchfoot

I'm going to see skillet next month! Front row w00t!
Quote by Khit
Alright, well, lets just say I don't agree with most of your post, but this is easily the most ignorant part. Um, no? Who told you that? Because 1 person believes that means all christians do? No.

Oh, I love Skillet, Flyleaf and Switchfoot

I'm going to see skillet next month! Front row w00t!

Fine, which parts dont you agree with?

It's not really ignorant seeing as i was typing it as a rhetorical question. I know there are a lot of different types of Christian, it was just a generalisation to get my point across.

Edit; I know im probably a litte off-topic, but watching that documentary last night just left me with a few things in my head.
Last edited by steeLmonkeyz at Mar 11, 2009,
If you want to profess your religious or spiritual beliefs through music then by all means go for it, I can't say that I listen to any Christian music though.
Quote by WOODY_B
I was wondering what everyone thinks about bands that are christians. Personally, being a christian, i think there really cool. But theres also a ton of christian bands that are in the secular music buisness. Heres a few:

Relient K
Switchfoot
Underoath
Skillet
The Elms
Thousand Foot Krutch

Leave your thoughts

I think they're funny as Hell
Rock n' roll wasn't made in a church.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Hultan
Rock n' roll wasn't made in a church.

Oh the ignorance
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Page 1 of 3