so ive decided im rebuilding my entire rig. i was hoping there would be others out there in my position lol.

right now i have an epiphone lp custom, ibanez sz, peavey 5150 head, mesa 2x12 cab.

i plan on ending up with a mesa lonestar and a prs singlecut se. not sure if im gonna sell my cab or not. depends on how much money i need for the lonestar.

also im thinking of selling my tubescreamer and getting a fulltone fulldrive or an xotic bb preamp.

so anyone else trying to start new with their tones?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I'm still working on mine. Hard to do on a very tight budget
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
I just revamped my pedalboard...and I'm working on the bass side of things next. Not going well given the current economy.
I wouldn't say I've been rebuilding my whole rig, but I've definitely been making a lot of changes/new additions lately. To summarize it up..

- Sold my Windsor, bought a Mesa Boogie F-50 head
- Gave away a half-working Bad Monkey (Batteries won't work with it) and A/B box with the Windsor, so currently, the only effect pedal I have is my Crybaby From Hell
- Bought a 7-string Agile Ghost, just cause sometimes having that 7-string can be a lot of fun!
- Sold a mixer and mic I had (to buy better recording stuff)
- Just ordered a bunch of new recording gear a couple days ago

Currently, aside from being stoked on new recording gear, I'm planning to remove the EMG's from my Gibson explorer. I've decided I prefer the sound of passives.

I'm still GASing for all kinds of stuff though..Possibly new pickups to try out, Maxon OD-808, ISP Decimator, a cheap bass, etc. etc.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by backtothe70s
I'm still working on mine. Hard to do on a very tight budget

exactly. i found a lonestar 2x12 combo for 800 bucks, but someone got to it quicker than i did. now the cheapest one i can find is like 1300. meh...
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
i wouldnt say rebuilding, but definately trying to improve what i have.

i had a real good tone with my 6505 paired with a marshall jcm410, but i sold the marshall and got eminence speakers for my empty 412. with those, i got a power conditioner, sonic maximizer, and a smartgate to tighten up my sound and rid of all unwanted noise.

and as of right now, i have the perfect tone for a southern metal type band (which is like my dream to get into)

HOWEVER, im in a metalcore band, and my rig just doesnt seem to get the right sound. its like theres not enough punch in my chugs, and we're all about chugs haha.

i plan on buying a new guitar soon after some debtors pay me off, but who knows when that will be. i have my eye on a schecter hellraiser solo-6.

im thinking about getting a tubescreamer or something, but my friend (who is a drummer) for some reason unbeknownced to mankind bought a zakk wylde overdrive that i might try to use.

and sorry for the extremely long post lol.
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
Quote by InanezGuitars44
exactly. i found a lonestar 2x12 combo for 800 bucks, but someone got to it quicker than i did. now the cheapest one i can find is like 1300. meh...

Though luck :/ If I had one laying around I would give it to you
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
well im saving up for a splawn nitro
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
I was soo close to trading my DSL100 for a mesa 2:90 and selling the recto and getting an axe-fx and selling the 4x12 and getting a 2x12....

but no. I'm just adding on. Aka buying a 2x12 to run my mesa and marshall in stereo and buying an LP and a tele.
I sold a Marshall JTM60, Peavey XXX, Randall RM50, Randall RM100, Fishman Loudbox, Taylor 314CE, Schecter C-1 Classic "Vine Of Life", PRS Tremonti SE, Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black Beauty, Tube Screamer, Holy grail, Fishman Aura and some other random stuff all in the last year to get the rig I have now.
I just sold almost everything I owned and am maybe one or two pieces away from the rig I feel will best suit me at the moment (a 1x12 cab that matches my head, and maybe a compressor).
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
im in a constant process of rebuilding my rig!

Im about to trade my SS fender amp for a modded VJ with marshall tonestack which ill plug into my new Lovepedal purple plexi 800 clone

So hopefully from good SS sound to gorgeous mini-marshally tone
Well, I sold my Michael Kelly and my Tele, along with other stuff lying around the house on Amazon. I am in the market for an American made tube amp. I've only had 2 amps, ever.(only been playing for 4 years) My first one was a Marshall MG30DFX. Actually wasn't too bad. (yes, I'm talking to you, the bandwagon person) Then traded for a 17 year old M80 Super Chorus.
SO, I kinda want to branch out in the amp world.

The Contenders:
Soldano Avenger
Mesa Express 5:25/5:50
Soldano Astroverb
Splawn Competition
Fryette/VHT Deliverance

I need about $200-800 more.........
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
i plan on building up a pedal board, right now i only have a boss v-wah, but i rarely use it because it really sucks tone, and im not even the type of person who is over critical about a little tone loss, but this being the only pedal i use, it was easy to find the source of the tone loss. needless to say i dont plan on using it that much but im pretty sure im a bout to get an mxr carbon copy delay and maybe an ibanez ts-9, if i sell my v-wah i may get a vox wah of some sort, later on during summer when i get a job i plan on getting a blackheart little giant or handsome devil, then i'll have to get a reverb pedal because i dont think that they have built in reverb.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Within the next year my pedalboard is going to grow (I plan to change a bunch of the pedals I currently use - DD-3 to DD-7, Crybaby to Teese wah, Bad Monkey to OCD) as well as add a Phase 90 and Line 6 FM-4. I also want to get a Budda Superdrive 30 within the next year but that's looking less and less likely.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I'm completely revamping my rig.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Slowly...this **** is expensive.

(click link in sig for what the finished product will be)
Quote by colin617
Slowly...this **** is expensive.

(click link in sig for what the finished product will be)

You're not welcome here. Your rig is far too awesome for us mortal men.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I'm working on redoing my rig (except for guitars, of coarse.) I will not say what I'm doing or what I'm buying, you'll just be hit with an epic NGD thread one day.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by theoreticmusic
You're not welcome here. Your rig is far too awesome for us mortal men.

I'm not welcome on The Gear Page either.

You're in VB? If you're ever in Charlottesville, hit me up and we can jam!
UVA? I've got friends there, but I'm rarely that way.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
UVA? I've got friends there, but I'm rarely that way.

Yeah, UVa. Wahoowa.

The offer stands (if you ever do venture up here).
Alright. Next time I'm in the mood for an awesome bagel and some jam time, I'll keep that in mind.

Don't judge me.
I don't really know of what direction I want to go with my rig.

If anything get some more uniform cabinets, get a few more 8 strings, and a few more 7's.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by InanezGuitars44

Don't blame them. I don't think I've ever seen one under $1,000 or so. I finally stepped up to a tube amp. Ended up jumping on the Windsor deal. I've traded quite a bit of stuff around as of late as well. Traded a mic for a DD-3, a multi-fx and a drum machine for a USA, Peavey Raptor. I plan on selling the GMX212, a couple of the electrics, and one of my acoustics. That should give me around $1,500 or so to play around with. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that. Probably get a nice combo amp for cleans, or a head with a 212 and or pedals. I want a Tele too. Way to much on the gear list, way too little money.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
In a way yes I"m down to my guitars and two pedals. I have a Tweed Blues junior on the way and am getting a new OD pedal wah chorus and delay soon and later this year a splawn competition and cab

So by the end of the year I want my rig to look like:

Splawn Comp-Main brit gain/lead amp 2x12 BB/SB combo
Fender Blues Junior-Main American/Clean amp Jensen C12

TS9
200lbs of tone
MI audio CB
SD-1
Tone bone hot brit
RMC Wheels of fire
Boss CE-2
Carbon copy

and If I"m lucky maybe an AC-30 or Deluxe reverb reissue.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Mar 19, 2009,
i kinda did that this past year, while my Randall rm50 was KIA i had to adopt a secondary rig to hold me over, which was my BH LG stack, whammy pedal, bad monkey, vox v847a and my epi. G-400.

i traded my whammy for a fulltone fulldrive II (probably my favorite transaction really), sold my newly acquired MXR CC (wasn't my taste in the end) with my V847A and BH LG to fund my AL-3000 (LOVE this guitar!!) and of course finally sent my randall in for warranty repair, traded my 'recto' module for an 'ultra' module (went from Mesa gain to 5150 style gain), and then decided i wanted to make the amp a marshall sounding one, so i traded the 'ultra' module for a 'Brown' module (copy of EVH's early hotrodded marshall sound) and bought JJ EL34s to replace the JJ 6L6s, rebiased the amp so now it's pretty much what i want.

my SG has pretty much gone on hiatus now, and will prolly collect dust for a while, but i'm keeping it as it's a sexy guitar, with upgraded electronics and pups, and plays damn great.

so i've really simplified my gear again, and reworking my pedal situation, trying to go with good quality pedals that do everything i need. so next is a chorus pedal, then new pickups for my AL-3000, then either a Fulltone or RMC wah pedal. after that, all i may need is a noise gate and EQ pedal.

i'm quite happy where my tone is at and where it's heading, but i've still gotta spend a pretty penny to get to my newest goal.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out