So I play an Ibanez S470 through a Roland cube 60. And well that's all my gear. I want a heavier sound, but not all fuzzy, clear and thicker then it is a the moment. Any recommendations? I don't have much money to spend but am just looking really.
pedals

get a metal distortion and a noise supresion to get rid of the fuzz
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
an eq pedal to beef up your tone a bit might help
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Get like a boss Me-50. Multieffects
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Seymour Duncans
Avalon Gold series acoustic
ESP LTD 7-string

Amp:
Marshall 100DFX
Peavey Valveking 212

Effects:
Boss GT-10
^Won't help much. Mids are really about tone more than clarity. They don't beef up your sound much on their own.
Edit: that was at flashmdg
Quote by saitenslayer
pedals

get a metal distortion and a noise supresion to get rid of the fuzz

Not really. Noise suppressors won't help with the fuzz and if he can't get a beefy metal tone out of his amp a pedal won't help.
Quote by S.Y.N.
Get like a boss Me-50. Multieffects

Exactly what he doesn't want. Fizzy, muddy tone that's got a bass response that's woofy instead of beefy.

I agree with those who said EQ Pedal; the MXR 10-band comes highly reccomended.
Clean boost pedal? Maybe a noise gate pedal? Not sure how this will work with the cube.
Quote by mikeyElite
EQ pedal.

EQ pedal.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
A chorus can thicken up your sound. I recently picked up a Visual Sounds H2O to replace my DOD FX65 chorus. It sounds pretty good.
an EQ pedal would be great for that.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by fly135
A chorus can thicken up your sound. I recently picked up a Visual Sounds H2O to replace my DOD FX65 chorus. It sounds pretty good.

It's more of an effect than a tonal booster though; even at lower settings a I find a chorus can mush out your chugging metal rhythms or whatever.
Compressor pedal?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Eq pedal would be the best bet...

Also a trick I use from time to time is you can setup a delay pedal with a little a hair bit of delay and you can get a good doubling effect to will fattin it up a bit as well.
EQ pedal wins. Flawless victory.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If I'm trying to "strengthen my sound a bit" I run a compressor into an EQ.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM