I am in the process of revamping my entire guitar setup (amp and effects).
As for amps, I am stuck between a Vox Ac30-CC2 custom classic and one of several fenders (either blues deluxe reissue, blues deville 4x10 reissue, or the hot rod deville).

The thing is I'm looking for many different tones literally from Rock to pop to blues. I love the clean tone of the fenders, but I'm worried that they wouldn't be able to respond to distortion and delay as well as the ac30. Conversely, Im not sure how the ac30 would respond to a John Mayer type tone.

As of now I'm only really concerned with getting a good distortion (and/or overdrive) and delay pedal, but am not too sure which ones to get. Keeley? As for delay, not to be cliche, but I'm looking for something that handles U2-esque sounds well. And as for distortion, I'm looking for something that could nail soft crunchy distortion to heavier, say Van Halen level distorion.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
Last edited by rocknskate4 at Mar 11, 2009,
around 1500 give or take
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
would keely pedals be the way to go?
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
Yeah, keeley peds are usually great. But I'm trying to think of some specific pedal names for you. Hmm... check out the MXR Carbon Copy analog delay. And give me some more bands for the distortion so I can have a better idea. But I think a great one would be a Maxon Tube Screamer. As for amps, I'm thinking either the Vox or possibly a Laney?

Would you venture to say to lay off the fenders then?
As for distortion/OD its tough because i play in several different groups with different sounds. Id say basically John Mayer, U2, Van Halen (which isnt too conventional through a vox or fender), Matchbox 20, and Gavin Degraw style.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
Personally, I'd say no Fender because they really have a bad overdrive. And I guess you could always use a distortion pedal, but it will always sound better if you use an overdrive on a tube amp. So I've played some Laneys and they have great cleans comparable to Fender, but have a decent overdrive. Also, a Traynor would also perform nicely for that, but I think the Laney would be better. Sorry, no models come to mind, but just watch a few demos of them and see what you like. I'll think of some OD's, but right now I still say check out a Maxon TubeScreamer.

EDIT: Or maybe a Keeley modded Ibanez TS-9.

DOUBLEDIT: Well, Fender having bad overdrive is my personal opinion, I can't stand it. You may like it. (This is my way of putting up a flame shield )

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Mar 11, 2009,
ill look into that thanks alot
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
it the sound is right, ill spend the money
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
Neither of those amps are really ideal for what you want - look at the Traynor YCV50 Blue.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah, as much as I love AC30s they won't get you all the sounds you need. You're probably better off with a fender and use some distortion pedals. Contrary to popular belief there are some fantastic distortion pedals out there that can compete with amp distortion IMO.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments