I'm going to build my first pedal, a fuzzface clone. When I'm done with it, I'm sure I'll be doing more. But I have this question:

When I order parts, should I order the amount I need, or more (like doubles, in case I mess something up)? What do you pedal builders usually do when ordering parts?

Thanks
If the most sought after things are often the most simple, then:

6 shoelaces of varying sizes tied onto a branch
+ 1 Quarter (pick)
----------------------------
= ULTIMATE TONE
pedal building thread.
first post.
if you need further advice post in that thread.
███████████████████████████████████
I buy large sets of resistors via mouser. I usually go for the Xicon 1/2watt Carbon Film ones. If i remember correctly you can get like 10 for $.50 or 100 for around 1.40
Quote by XgamerGt04
I buy large sets of resistors via mouser. I usually go for the Xicon 1/2watt Carbon Film ones. If i remember correctly you can get like 10 for $.50 or 100 for around 1.40

What I did was buy a large 2500 total 1/4W metal film resistor kit from eBay, 50 values with 50 resistors each. It was $20, which equates to about $0.008 (yes, less than a cent) per resistor--a great deal. If buying things in bulk, I'd recommend buying in either quantities of 10 or 100's (10's for slightly more expensive/uncommon parts like ICs, transistors, etc. and 100's for common stuff like capacitors/resistors).
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Ok so I should buy in large quantity for common stuff and and in smaller (but more than 1) for more uncommon things.
If the most sought after things are often the most simple, then:

6 shoelaces of varying sizes tied onto a branch
+ 1 Quarter (pick)
----------------------------
= ULTIMATE TONE