So a while back i put together a strat. But I have never been able to get the action down to where it should be. I think that it might be a problem with the neck itself, and i took it to a guitar shop, and the guy said that the neck was slighty twisted, so that could also be a problem. So i grabbed my brothers strat, took off the neck, and i was going to put it on mine, but the neck screw holes don't line up... The screw holes on the body are like 1.5 - 2 1/16's of an inch off of where his (mim strat) holes are. So I have no way of testing a different neck on my guitar, or my neck on a different guitar because the holes don't line up... So basically I don't know what to do, any suggestions?
Part-o-Caster
Ibanez Destroyer
Ibanez 321MH
have you adjusted your truss rod yet?
Gear:
G&L Legacy
Fender Champ 600

SKYNYRD!
Yes, started with the truss rod with too much bow, and done small increments until it's flat, and it starts buzzing before it's flat, and even when it's flat the action is still too high (I know it's not supposed to be flat, I've just gone all the way to the extreme). So then I've adjusted the height of the saddles while adjusting the truss rod, and still no go. I just can't seem to get the action anywhere near a decent height without it fretting out and buzzing so it's unplayable.
Part-o-Caster
Ibanez Destroyer
Ibanez 321MH