Hey guys, my friend owns a guitar parts company (axesrus.com if your interested)
and hes just give me this body, as you can see theres a little chip on the horn and is no good to him now. now i am a complete amateur but have always wanted to build my own guitar. So firstly, what can i do for that chip? what troubles will i face? and do you have any reccomendations for what i do with it? Its a US Alder body with a flame maple top, a nice transparant black finish and white binding

My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Last edited by xander307 at Mar 12, 2009,
Why did you **** me over son? Why?
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
SKAK20BA Practice Bass Amp
A "little" chip? No offense, but that is pretty big.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
ill take it off your hands for $25
Gear

Jarrett Custom Les Paul
Epiphone Les Paul
Ibanez Artcore AS73
If you are going to do a solid finish, then sand it down and fill the chip. If you wanted to do a transparent finish, you'll have to sand it so that the dent blends in. Otherwise just slap a band-aid on it and be happy. You got a free tele body
Hey you know who runs Axesrus? Thats pretty cool

Any way thats kinda a big chip and the main problem is, that its in a figured top, albeit low figureing with a black burst, and so repairing it may disrupt the figuring making the repair obvious.

But since theres a black burst there you could probably just fill it and paint over it.

Is there a clear coat on it?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Yeh the chip is all in the black burst reigon so it shouldn't be too difficult to colour, theres a lacquer finish on there if thats what you mean
My Gear

yeah your gonna have to fill the chip and match the black and try to hide it, but it was free, so at very worst, its the first bit of character your guitar body has.
So i've been looking at pickups, and ive heard good things about lace sensors, but which ones are for me? theres different windings to choose from.. what does a higher winding mean? and do both pickups need to be at the same winding? cheers
My Gear

im pretty sure higher winding means higher output
but dont take my word for it
Quote by TunerAddict
BEST PAINTJOB EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the sickest paint job in all of GB&C

Hawaiian Shirt Guy Of the Australia FTW! Club.
PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.
Australians only.