Page 1 of 2
Maybe that's because Americans don't know a lot about other countries other than their own?

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by imdeth
I've heard it in a movie

But now I can't remember which movie I heard it in. I think it's either Kill Bill or Pulp Fiction.

Its Kill Bill
Mr. Miagi was from Okinawa. The Karate Kid II was based on that location.
It's so crazy in here you're gonna wish it wasn't so crazy in here!

1995 PRS CE
Fender 50s Classic Player strat
Johnson Millenium 150
Boss GT-6
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Maybe that's because Americans don't know a lot about other countries other than their own?

I'm Canadian, but my ex girlfriend could only find two countries on a map....canada and US..... so embarrassing because I could probably fill out the better part of a world map.
(in elementary school i would just read maps instead of doing stuff in class lol)
███████████████████████████████████
Last edited by tona_107 at Mar 11, 2009,
Quote by Guitarfreak217
Anyone even heard of this place?

Where my family is stationed now, but when i go to the states and tell people where i'm living they are just like whats?

You need to get some more well versed friends.
Here you go
Attachments:
japan-okinawa%20map.jpg
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
Wasn't Okinawa in Call of Duty 5?
Quote by gjvx
Damn you Spicer001, I'll get you for this...

[GT]Spicer001 of the UG Gaming Force
I know it's in the Pacific, somewhere near Japan. And that the US has had a military presence there for a long time.
Quote by MightyAl
I know it's in the Pacific, somewhere near Japan. And that the US has had a military presence there for a long time.

Check your topography, Okinawa is actually part of Japan
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
Quote by Flipje
Check your topography, Okinawa is actually part of Japan

As far as I'm concerned, Japan is just the 2 big islands.
Everything else is just near there.
Quote by MightyAl
As far as I'm concerned, Japan is just the 2 big islands.
Everything else is just near there.

k lol
Quote by lockedandlogan

Quote by GaijinFoot

Wise words
i know where it is.

of course i've studied WWII in a few of my classes.

but it isn't necessarily a place i would expect the average person to know about.
It's a small island near Japan

In ancient times, it was called Ryu-kyu after the king that enslaved it's people at one point.
It's where Kenpo first came about (That same king had ordered all the people on the island to turn over their weapons so they wouldn't revolt, so they learned to fist-fight n revolted anyways)
It's also where the bloodiest battle the US fought in during WW2 took place.
(That famous picture with all the marines standing in line hoisting up the flag was actually taken at the end of that battle.... The disgusting part is it was actually taken atop a mound of dead bodies)
It's also considered a much friendlier place to go than mainland Japan, as meth isn't a staple trade product there.... :p
I know of it from WWII, other than that I'm pretty blank. I'd like to know more about Japan though. Seems like a neat enough place.
Quote by greyeyedfire
It's a small island near Japan

In ancient times, it was called Ryu-kyu after the king that enslaved it's people at one point.
It's where Kenpo first came about (That same king had ordered all the people on the island to turn over their weapons so they wouldn't revolt, so they learned to fist-fight n revolted anyways)
It's also where the bloodiest battle the US fought in during WW2 took place.
(That famous picture with all the marines standing in line hoisting up the flag was actually taken at the end of that battle.... The disgusting part is it was actually taken atop a mound of dead bodies)
It's also considered a much friendlier place to go than mainland Japan, as meth isn't a staple trade product there.... :p

All that stuff is true, but that picture was taken on Iwo Jima.
EVERY American should know of Okinawa. If you don't, hit the history books. The battles of Okinawa and Iwo Jima were some of the bloodiest battles during the Pacific campaign of WWII.
Quote by guitarlover57
So what is this "pear", iv heard so much about? people on here keep talking about it and i have no idea what theyre saying,help me with this please!!
Burger's Okinawan Karate Dojo.
Six years of my life and I don't remember a thing.
whatthefedit: EXCEPT that the invading Japanese thought they were just learning dance moves.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Also one of the highest on the life expectancy charts. Seems cool.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Didn't we bomb the fuck out of it in WWII?
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
Quote by punkrocker10115

Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
So, no.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Yes, I know some of Okinawa.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
apparently your friends havnt played cod 5, and who wants to be friends with those people
The Battle of Okinawa was a major WWII battle..... so yes, I've heard of it.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
I know where that is! But that's because my family is military, just like yours, TS. In fact, we were almost stationed there once. Moved to DC instead, to this day...
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by tona_107
I'm Canadian, but my ex girlfriend could only find two countries on a map....canada and US..... so embarrassing because I could probably fill out the better part of a world map.
(in elementary school i would just read maps instead of doing stuff in class lol)

i love geography. hands down my favorite. but yeah, i had no clue exactly where that was. i figured it was somewhere in asia though.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by punkrocker10115

We lost a whole bunch of soldiers including Marines from those battles, so we were all like, "Fuck you Japan, eat atom bombs." And then Japan was like, "Hey you guys, that's not cool. You win."

Tarantino reference/
Last edited by bendystraw at Mar 11, 2009,
Yes I do know where it is I was stationed there in 1989 while in the marines. Did alot of drinking while there.
My friend used to live there when his dad got stationed there for AAFES and he said its pretty cool
I was either thinking Hawaii or Japan...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Page 1 of 2