Ive been wanting to get a custom guitar from gibson for a while, but i dont know how you would go about getting one. at first i thought there would be a number you could call and say "hey make me a guitar" but i guess thats just not happening. If you want to get a guitar from gibson made specifically for you, how do you go about doing it?
you better be ready to shell out 34892347834732 million dollars.

i don't think they even do customs for the general public, i might be wrong though.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
seriously man. custom guitars can be veeerrry expensive. i wanted to make one once with esp guitars. the sum of what i wanted in it came out to like seven thousand dollars. so yeah.. be ready to shell out 34892347834732 million dollars.lol
i've got a boner for murder
im planning on taking a couple years to get the money together. i know its a lot, but im still young so i dont have to pay for much, gives me the option of saving the majority of my paycheck for this, especially for what i want made, its specific
Quote by freakincody7
im planning on taking a couple years to get the money together. i know its a lot, but im still young so i dont have to pay for much, gives me the option of saving the majority of my paycheck for this, especially for what i want made, its specific

What you have to remember, is for a large company to make something one off, costs them downtime from their regular stuff, so they charge for it.

You would be far, far, far better off, to get something made for you by one of the guys on here. JCSCustoms (EveGuitars) UK, Perry Ormsby Aus, LP Addict USA.

Will cost you less, will likely be better and more chance of getting it right too.
Quote by Skeet UK
What you have to remember, is for a large company to make something one off, costs them downtime from their regular stuff, so they charge for it.

You would be far, far, far better off, to get something made for you by one of the guys on here. JCSCustoms (EveGuitars) UK, Perry Ormsby Aus, LP Addict USA.

Will cost you less, will likely be better and more chance of getting it right too.

actually you have a point there. i just figured gibson would know what i wanted considering i wanted something mimiking a 1961 les paul, you know, before they changed the name to sg, but neckthrough with a couple other changes. i figured gibson would be able to do it best because they made the guitar, but it makes sense to go somewhere cheaper with the only difference being the name on the headstock
Last edited by freakincody7 at Mar 11, 2009,
Quote by freakincody7
actually you have a point there. i just figured gibson would know what i wanted considering i wanted something mimiking a 1961 les paul, you know, before they changed the name to sg, but neckthrough with a couple other changes. i figured gibson would be able to do it best because they made the guitar, but it makes sense to go somewhere cheaper with the only difference being the name on the headstock

And likely better quality and also rarer. Let's face it. Perry is the most famous luthier we have here (AFAIK), no offence to the others.

So if you wanted a named brand, but cheaper and better, then Perry would be it.

Les Paul's started out being neck through anyway did they not?

Not sure about them changing the name of a 61 LP to the SG
actually gibson makes the majority of thier guitars set neck, unless there making something specific. and in 1961 they changed the body shape of the les paul to the sg shape. les hated it and asked for his name to be taken off. they used all of the left over parts on the sg's until they had to make new parts. then they decided on sg because it ment "solid guitar"
if your wondering how i know all that, i spend as much time reading about guitar asi do playing it, its why im failing my math class @_@