Page 1 of 5
Do those of you Canadians who dont live in Quebec despise Quebecers as much as us North Americans. It is almost like some of them are from another planet.
Quebec is cool in my book

frankly I find the amount of flak they take pretty irritating
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Cool coming from an Ontarian. It's just a lot of old hate built up between the French and English. I like to think we have moved past those times, unfortuantly BLOC party keeps the silly debate alive.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by Hames3rd
canada, americas hat

America, the worst thing to happen to the South Canada Sea is a billion years.
Quote by MightyAl
America, the worst thing to happen to the South Canada Sea is a billion years.

Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I hate quebec. They're all dicks. THey're part of canada but they act like they're not. Everything's different in quebec as oppose to the rest of canada. And this has nothing to do with French.
"That deaf, dumb, and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball" - the Who
Quote by Hames3rd
canada, americas hat

some one once told me "canada is like the US's nerdy little brother" haha. but personally theyre fine with me
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
Quote by metal4ever6328
I work at a job that requires interface with Quebecers.
US truck drivers>>>French Canadian truck drivers

I work with Quebec Truck drivers also. In this case I can sympathize with you, for the most part they come as arrogant, dumb ****s. Just remember that's most likely why they are stuck driving a truck for a living.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
I dislike most Quebec drivers. But other than that they do have an amazing culture. Plus legal drinking age is 18, so it's good to me. :P
Quote by Jericho114
Cool coming from an Ontarian. It's just a lot of old hate built up between the French and English. I like to think we have moved past those times, unfortuantly BLOC party keeps the silly debate alive.

The thing about the bloc is that they only look out for quebec. They're a great party for Quebec, but to have them on a federal scale is absurd. They had my vote last election.

On the provincial level though, I vote for the liberal party. Don't want a separation here.
Quote by Metallicaxp
I dislike most Quebec drivers. But other than that they do have an amazing culture. Plus legal drinking age is 18, so it's good to me. :P

This will sound like a generalization, but EVERY Quebec driver I have ever passed on the highway has made it a point to floor the gas and pass me right back. It's nothing personal, people!
Quote by Metallicaxp

lol legal drinking age is 16 here in Holland (well 18 for liquor)
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
I'm Canadian and I don't like anything about Quebec except their women! Other than that, they tend to be stuck up. Not only that but French is mandatory in Canada on products but in Quebec, The highway signs are all french. funny isn't it?
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Your guitar will be infinite. Far over 9000.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/oXiDe2030/fnmetal.jpg[/IMG]
Quote by Hames3rd
canada, americas hat

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Hats hide baldness.

Also, Quebec is A-O-K with me. Mostly because my family (grandparents) are from there. They really aren't bad people. As for the truck drivers, why do you think they drive trucks? The Quebecois couldn't stand them and ship them around the country
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
That's a real shitty mentality you got ther TS....

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

Bloc is there to represent the Quebec in federal because none of the other party do represent good. And on provincial level, . . . I dont trust any of em.

dtsuff9 ----- I could spend hours telling you argument to explain you why you are wrong and I am right but I'll just give you the simplest one : Your an idiot.
Sorryz for me bad engrish.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I just cut myself shaving my pubes...
Quote by Geezus
Bloc is there to represent the Quebec in federal because none of the other party do represent good. And on provincial level, . . . I dont trust any of em.

dtsuff9 ----- I could spend hours telling you argument to explain you why you are wrong and I am right but I'll just give you the simplest one : Your an idiot.

Your english is bad my francophone brotha.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Oh don't get me started on quebecers...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I find Americans more annoying than people from quebec. Then again ive been to america more than quebec.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
Im from NewFoundLand and i dont hate them at all.
GEAR

ESP LTD F-155 DX BASS
Epiphone Thunderbird bass
Samic cr1 bt bass

Dunlop bass crybaby
Ibanez PD7 Bass Overdrive Pedal
Boss bass chorus
Zoom 607 multy effects pedal

Ashdown 180 watt bass amp
Mega 30 watt

METAL UP 'UR ASSS
People in quebec drive like effing maniacs. They really aren't bad on the whole though. I live in Ottawa, so I see a lot, and most are just normal people. You definately get the odd douchebag who thinks they are better than you or something and ignore you for speaking English. The other day I asked some guy for the time, and he had a watch. He kinda shrugged, and I realized he was a Francophone, so I said "Quelle heure sil vous plait?" or Whats the time please?
Then the ****er says 'Oh its just about twenty to seven' in perfect goddamn English.
I called him, 'Morceau de merde.' and walked away...oh, thats like uh..piece of ****.

It's douches like that who give all the French a bad name.
Québecois are awesome.
Québec is awesome.

Pretty much all I see here is bad generalization. There are assholes in every cultures. Québec is not better, not worst.

I don't think that separation is a good thing and I strongly believe that this idea is no longer actual. The Bloc is a silly party, I agree. If the separation comes, they will lose their jobs, who works to lose his/her job?.

Open up your mind and you will see that the Québec has a wonderful culture. We stood up and we'll always do.

**holds up flameshield for a lot of southern-ontarians and other dumb people**
ಠ_ಠ
I hate ignorant Francophone Quebecers.

All they do is complain and think of themselves. If any of those idiots actually studied unbiased Canadian history, they would understand that Canada already gave them too many opportunities and too much power.

In Quebec, everything has to be written in French, foreigners are obliged to learn French and the provincial government gives about 5x more money to the French schools, so you'll have English schools with no computers, outdated material and books and French schools that are in pristine condition with recent books, classes and technology.

BUT, the drop out rate is almost 50% in Montreal FRENCH schools, while closer to 24% in Montreal ENGLISH schools. What does this show us; we should give money to the people who want a good education, not the idiots who hardly care.

It's similar to the Quebec scenario; we shouldn't be paying attention to their bullshit and focus on the important matters. We should even remove those fascist French laws while we're at it......oh, nevermind, the French don't even bother to learn English; someone I know recently saw a Quebecer complaining because the person serving him in FLORIDA couldn't speak French, the only language that the idiot knew.

Don't even get me started on the BLOC.
And this is coming from someone who has been living in Quebec for 17 years.

PS: I am speaking of the stupid quebecers, seeing as I have many Quebecois Francophone friends.
Last edited by Mike! at Mar 11, 2009,
I don't necessarily hate quebec, but the bloc seems to be run by a bunch of nut jobs, but i don't know much about politics, so that pretty much voids my opinion. But the people i have met from Quebec are cool, not that much different then any other Canadians.
::type i'm here to stir the $h!t

I have to admit, there are a lot of obnoxious assholes here, but it's just part of the culture, it's like male bonding, you act like dicks to each other but you know that you love each other. For a large part we're also kind of paranoid about losing our culture, cause after seeing what happened to Toronto we don't want to become assimilated by the same american neon behemoths that took over that city. And the bad drivers are related to the bad roads, we're all just so frustrated about the mile-wide pot holes found every two feet so we go a little crazy sometimes.
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
Quote by rock_star77
Your english is bad my francophone brotha.

I'm sure your French's way better

Anyway, I love them!

>_>
Quote by Freddedonna
I'm sure your French's way better

Anyway, I love them!

>_>

Well, if you must know, yes. Way to be a douche. I called him my brother first of all, and second of I said I liked Quebecois because I am one genetically.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
quebec is pretty awesome i'd say. i've been there twice and i loved it. girls were thinner, hotter and much better dressed than the fat emo pigs in toronto. also it seems like it has tons more to offer in terms of a night out, or a good time. frick i hate ontario, can't wait to leave this garbage dump of a province.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
i welcome quebec to break off and become its own separate country like the stupid BLOC want. id give them a day and a half until they realize theyre ****ed and begin asking for money from our federal government.

...my opinion anyway...
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Page 1 of 5