Hey, I was viewing a few videos and I was noticed seeing some people easily switching from clean to distortion with a flick of thier pick up switch.

Is it because it is a different pickup, or is it something you can set up?

Also is there anything I can set it up with on my processor? Its an old Roland GP-16
Probably a 2 volume control guitar, so dropping the volume on one pick up would allow one to go from disto to clean.

Part of why I wanna replace a tone knob with another volume on my strat... Easy switching.
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

Hmm, is there anyway I could configure something without a pedal or having to change anything round in my guitar? I'm not too comfortable with opening it up just yet.
Well, if you have two volumes drop one. If not, do what I do... It works better on some guitars though,

Curl your pinky around the volume knob and lower it, close as your gonna get and its easy. Depending on where the volume knob is (Such as on a Ibanez RG, the knob is WAY out there). Coupled with a quick pickup switch to the neck, should clean things up a bit.
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

Quote by xXAlphaXx
Hey, I was viewing a few videos and I was noticed seeing some people easily switching from clean to distortion with a flick of thier pick up switch.

Is it because it is a different pickup, or is it something you can set up?

Also is there anything I can set it up with on my processor? Its an old Roland GP-16

Tube amp.

Tube amps are very sensitive to picking dynamics, if you pick softer the sound cleans up a lot - likewise if you switch to a lower output pickup the sounds going to clean up.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Hmm that did a little bit, but it still seems pretty distorted.

Any other ideas?
Hmm, maby it is time for me to start picking up a new amp. It's nothing but a first act piece of junk.
Quote by Waylanderau
Could also just be them switching pickups with their hands and stepping on something with their foot at the same time.

Occam's Razor gets rid of this scenario.

and the using your finger to adjust volume while playing is a very Stevie Ray Vaughan type of thing
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
They probably just switched channels/presets on their amp/preamp while switching pickups at the same time. Though you can do the same thing (depending on your amp) by rolling back the p-up volume.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by steven seagull
Tube amp.

Tube amps are very sensitive to picking dynamics, if you pick softer the sound cleans up a lot - likewise if you switch to a lower output pickup the sounds going to clean up.

he just said it. by lowering your volume, and doing what the seagull said, you will get it. Also, chances are you need a tube amp, or a roland cube with the DYNA AMP thing
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by ldnovelo
he just said it. by lowering your volume, and doing what the seagull said, you will get it. Also, chances are you need a tube amp, or a roland cube with the DYNA AMP thing

Regarding the Cube, perfectly doable on a micro without it.

Also, pick VERY softly... For some people a tube amp really isnt practical (As in me), and I'm guessing the TS also. Just means you have to find ways around it, which, is not neccessarily a bad thing, such as in the volume drop out of nowhere. VERY useful.

OR...... Switch channels with another body part not involved while playing...

As in a foot, nose, tounge, whatever works.