So I got this Epi prophecy with emg pickups. From reading the boards, I would have better sound with a better amp. Right now I have a roland cube 60.

I have a line on a peavey series 100 (tube amp) or a peavey transitube fx 212. I was wondering which is the better amp for my guitar? or should I hold out for something better? The series 100 is $150 and the 212 is $300. Also, I am playing at home and I really don't need a lot of volume right now.
Last edited by yellojeeper at Mar 11, 2009,
get a nice 2x12 combo, peavey valveking or carvin mts, b-52 at100, they are all tube and very loud if you need it, but you can actually get decent tone of them at low volume.
these are all budget tube amps btw
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
i would go for a tube amp with emg's, i've heard emg's played through a tube amp and they sounded awesome(i dont even like emg's, or a lot of metal for that matter) which is what my friend was playing.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
You buy guitars that go well with your amp, not the other way around

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
I play EMGs through a transtube head in my half stack... I like the way it sounds
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by xwearesinking
You buy guitars that go well with your amp, not the other way around

and why not?

if you like a guitar why not get an amp that sounds good with it?

it is their choice to decide how they purchase things
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Because guitars are pretty negligible in terms of shaping your tone. Different guitars of the same pickup configuration will sound basically the same through the the same amp.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com