Well my bro just asked me to look up a specific bass online... now he is a dumbass and prefers ordering online vs going to a store witch i will ATTEMPT to get him to goto a store. anyways he asked me to look up Ibanez SR305 5-String Bass Guitar... anyone have anything i should know about this bass? any other recommendations for something along the same price line??? looking for the best bang for his buck... he is really into metal and heavy stuff
I'm the noob that takes everyone as his teacher.

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
I own one, ask me anything about it

As for other 5-strings to look into for heavy stuff, might also consider these two as well:

ESP LTD B-105

Traben Array
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Last edited by Helbent Revenge at Mar 11, 2009,
is your "friend" perhaps named cronarct?
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
no he is my brother lol not me... hes at work right now and asked me to look into some things for him... hes pretty set on the Ibanez and plans on getting it tomarow (he said its NOT online)... he just wants to know some of the pros and cons of it and things to look out for.
I'm the noob that takes everyone as his teacher.

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
Check out harmony central reviews. I've found they're generally pretty reliable.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Pros: I love the neck, satin finish so it's slick; pretty durable; good access to the upper frets if that's your thing; action is perfect, not high but not too low, no major flaws after having it for 2+ years.

Cons: Agathis body, which is kind of a cheap wood; it seems pretty tone-specific, which is towards harder rock.

Personally, I'm not a fan of heavy rock, and this bass packs more treble than I'd like but that's just my taste. The bass is geared mostly towards mids and highs, I like a nice thumpy sound so I have the mid and treble controls turned all the way down and the bass all the way up. I might replace the pickups some time in the future, but I liked this in helping me move from 4-strings to 5-strings, so it's good if moving to 5-strings. It looks purdy too
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8