I notice that a lot of famous guitarists have been taught or given lessons by joe satriani. How does a guitarist go about getting these lessons (no i'm not looking for satriani to be my guitar teacher). Does he hear someone play and then offer lessons or does someone pay him obscene amounts of money or both. How does that work out?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
I'm pretty sure he was a teacher before he was famous and it just so happens that he's a really good teacher and his students got famous.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Ask your mother about "sexual favors"
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Well, I doubt Satriani was as legendary in the 80's as he is now

Also, Tom Morello was taught by Michael Angelo Batio..I think it was when Tom met him at college or something, so school is one way. A more common way I'd suppose is through classifieds that the teacher will put up

If it is a very popular guy, like if you wanted lessons from Eddie Van Halen or something, then you'd probably only get lessons if you were already friends with the guy
Last edited by The Shroom420 at Mar 11, 2009,
Requirements for the Satriani School of Music:

Crazy amount of cash
You have to be REALLY good but just slightly less skilled than him
You have to join eventually Metallica as their lead guitarist (optional)
He was probably just a really good teacher. sure, a lot of his students got famous but then again, more didnt. thats why you dont know who they are.

He's just a talented SOB who teaches people how to become talented SOB's. To put it simply, i guess.
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
You used to be able to get guitar lessons from Chris Broderick until he recently joined Megadeth which I'd say is on a par with lessons from Satriani. I'd personally say Broderick is better though
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
I think Vai, Satch and Gilbert had the same teacher, anyone know who he is?
I take lessons from Greg Howe via webcam its about 45 quid. He is the best guitarist of this generation. I also got a lesson from paul gibert..you buy a package with a gig ticket.
Quote by Tempoe

God.
Quote by Tempoe

Satch taught vai....
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
You must summon a level 87 mage who will transport you to the forbidden ruins. After completing a number of impossible quests, Satriani will appear and challenge you to a duel. If you lose the duel, you will have access to his lessons.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
You must summon a level 87 mage who will transport you to the forbidden ruins. After completing a number of impossible quests, Satriani will appear and challenge you to a duel. If you lose the duel, you will have access to his lessons.

anyone looking for lessons would lose the duel. kind of a pointless "test" if you ask me. btw, i have a lvl 93 mage, so if you want satch lessons send me a million dollars (?).
Quote by SmashandBurn
Teacher: "There will be a test tomorrow no exceptions."

Student: "What about complete and utter sexual exhaustion?"

Teacher: "You'll just have to write with your other hand."

Quote by imdeth
Lesbian Link ladies. Oh yes.
Quote by Tempoe

satch-vai
guitar institute-paulo gilberto.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.