Hey people...i have a Peavey Bandit 112...its a pretty decent amp but i'm not really getting the metal sound i want. Unfortunately i do not have the money for a new amp so i'm trying to figure out a way to get a better metal sound from the Bandit..I run a Gibson explorer faded into it with a noise suppressor. Is there any pedals or an equalizer that can make the amp sound more tube like.I know they have tube driven preamp pedals but i'm not sure how they work with solid state amps.
There arent any such pedals, just buy a cheap generic tube amp and run a pedal with high gain. If your short on cash why spend money on some pedals that wont succend very much?
depends on the amp but bandits work well with pedals so a tube preamp pedal would be worth a try
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by sanks1
There arent any such pedals, just buy a cheap generic tube amp and run a pedal with high gain. If your short on cash why spend money on some pedals that wont succend very much?

What are you talking about? There are such pedals. Damage Control and Blackstar come to mind. Then again, the TS would be well on the way to a decent amp if he were to buy one of those pedals.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Well just to let you know some metal bands actually have been known to use solid state amps....dimebag did I think?

Blackheart has thoses distortion tube driven pedals, haven't tried it but they're supposedly good. I think its the DistX?

Maybe you just need some better distortion? The peavey's aren't bad bad consider a metal pedal of some kind...EHX Metal Muff is probably the way to go. Don't buy a metal zone/core unless they're modded.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by hendrixftw
Well just to let you know some metal bands actually have been known to use solid state amps....dimebag did I think?

Blackheart has thoses distortion tube driven pedals, haven't tried it but they're supposedly good. I think its the DistX?

Maybe you just need some better distortion? The peavey's aren't bad bad consider a metal pedal of some kind...EHX Metal Muff is probably the way to go. Don't buy a metal zone/core unless they're modded.

That's Blackstar, and +1
i dont know how my tonebone hot british would sound on a solid state amp but it might work since its a tube pedal
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Thread title sounds like advertising a carcass for vultures in the desert...
The cost of a decent tube pedal would go a long way to buying an actual tube amp. Theres only so close with a SS amp to tube tone. They tried to do it with hybrid amps but the only way to get tube tone is with tubes.
Quote by Tackleberry
The cost of a decent tube pedal would go a long way to buying an actual tube amp. Theres only so close with a SS amp to tube tone. They tried to do it with hybrid amps but the only way to get tube tone is with tubes.

+10
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by hendrixftw

yea, and god rest his soul, had god awful tone
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by Tackleberry

+1
use a tech 21 DI (not the bass or acoustic one) and it makes the solid state sound a lot more tube-like, and when you upgrade to tube, it's still worth keeping around. a friend of mine runs an SVT Classic simulator (think triple rec of basses, or something along those lines) into an SVT Classic, and it sounds like heaven.

BUT for $200, you could raise a bit more cash and get a used tube amp...
tubes will give you tube tone, lol

i like solid state power amps for metal, hence my need for a B-52
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
You can make a SS sound nice if you have good technique, it's in the fingers.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
no no no no no no no no no no no !!!! The peavey bandit is NOT a "pretty decent" amp at all. No amount of expensive pedals will make it sound good. Accept the fact that you need to get rid and buy a tube amp, IF you want tube tone.

what situation you playig in? with a band? on your own in your bedroom? gigging?

for bedroom paying get something like this: http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Peavey-Nano-Valve-Guitar-Combo-Amp/7PS

for playing with a band/gigging get a valveking or a bugera or something like that.

G
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.