i need to get some new celestions for my 4x10 laney cab. just wondering what sort of thing would be best for me- i play 80's metal like Iron Maiden and Skid Row
price isnt a worry. are the gold series ones good?

do tell
I suggest you get a 4x12 cab instead
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i dont wanna

my head came with a 4x10 and im very happy cause its not too big and i can carry it because i have back problems you see lol
Quote by mcrfobtai
Celestions aren't the only speakers in the world you know

i know, but i can get them at cost price lol, rather than the RRP
Quote by Moomar
i dont wanna

my head came with a 4x10 and im very happy cause its not too big and i can carry it because i have back problems you see lol

I see, but my point is that if you're playing 80s metal, you'd probably prefer the sound of a 12" speaker for higher gain applications like that.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I see, but my point is that if you're playing 80s metal, you'd probably prefer the sound of a 12" speaker for higher gain applications like that.

ah right. well its a Laney LH50 head, so its already nice tight sound. i only really pop the gain on around 5/6 with a Hardwire CM2 for solo boosts
also, sorry if i appear like im saying "NO I DONT WANT A 4x12!" lol, the interent doesnt display my tone of voice

just wondering what a nice set of speakers are. and whilst we're at it, how much does a 1x10 differ from a 1x12?
Quite a lot. My old marshall had a 10". It had very little fullness to my ears and was very brittle sounding. The 12" in my Vypyr is fuller and somewhat smoother sounding.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.