So, I have been looking into it, and it certainly would seem that a large control pedal, mounted effects, and a rack would be the most efficient and versatile way to get good effects without highways of cable running about.

But I was wondering...

can someone steer me in the right direction as to what kind of effects rack model could give me some effects. I mean like, not just Reverb, Echo, Delay..

but some INTERESTING and weird ones.
Things I could mess with.

I play in a hardcore/metal band.

Also... something that I'm not totally clear on...

Mounting them?

These big horizontal pre-amps... where do they go? How does mounting them work.

Thanks a ton
Quote by Twisted Magnum
I'd throw a Marshall MG at him while he succumbs to tone killing gain.

Quote by King Krapp
Spend all $200 on M&M's, then find a friend with an acoustic, and fill the body with them. Why? Because you can.

Define "INTERESTING and weird ones." Because by that definition, it seems to me like getting single pedals would be better for you.

And you put them in a rack, screw them in and they stay in place.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by bartdevil_metal
^Or a T.C Electronic G Major. Blended effects can get pretty trippy.

Well that's what I was going to suggest, but the effects it has doesn't seem too weird, at least by what I'm gathering
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Well that's what I was going to suggest, but the effects it has doesn't seem too weird, at least by what I'm gathering

I'll just go ahead and say that yes, you can get some REALLY trippy stuff out of a G-Major if you know what you're doing.

I always had fun assigning expression pedals to various filter effects. The Whammy effects are always good for weird stuff, and you can set the Detune effect up to emulate a chorus that doesn't modulate.

If you want some insane, riduculous, over-the-top, makes-people-question-your-sanity stuff then get a KP3 Kaoss Pad and assign expression pedals to control the pad functions. I used a KP2 in my rig for a couple of years and would recommend it, but it requires internal hardware mods to be effectively used in a guitar rig (the hold button isn't Midi controllable). The KP3, however, is way easier to incorporate.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Yeah i have a G-Major myself, and i must say that for its price, it kicks feckin @ss.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl