i want to get some kind of recording program for: recording, editing etc. but idk which one to get. i am using the adobe audition trial run right now and it seems pretty cool but it seems to skip when i record something, but idk if thats jus cause its the trial or im jus doing something wrong. is this a good program or is there something better. any thoughts?
that's more a computer issue then DAW issue.
my old computer did that at times cause I would have too much going on at once and so it would over load and would do a skipping like thing. I never have used the adobe audition so I don't really know how it works but I use Mackie Tracktion 3. its got a CPU bar that lets you know if recording is a good idea or not or if you should freeze tracks.

you'll probably want something that can freeze's tracks to get around this "skipping" problem.
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.
Last edited by cta-joey at Mar 11, 2009,
well the adobe is 350 so i guess around there MAYBE a little more..
I would look into cakewalk Sonar as well, they have a version that falls within that range, theres also Cubase or Nuendo (Cubase leans mroe towards MIDI and Nuendo is more recording, but Cubase Handles recording just fine and gives you a lot more options)

actually NVM I forgot that Nuendo is ridiculously expensive. the other ones do have options in your price range though.

I prefer Sonar, but Cubase is also a great option and I would prefer that over audition.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Mar 11, 2009,
and wherecan i find these products? would they have them at a guitar store or what?
you can buy them online, guitar center might carry them. for search purposes Sonar is made by Cakewalk and Cubase is made by Steinberg.

Last.fm
I thoroughly recommend Sonar, it seems a little more user-friendly than Cubase, though they're both good. Try out some of the free ones first such as REAPER and Kristal so you get used to working in DAWs before throwing down any cash.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Cubase or Nuendo (Cubase leans more towards MIDI and Nuendo is more recording)

Wha?????? You clearly should NOT be giving advice it so seems.
skipping when you record has to do with RAM and PROCESSOR SPEED, etc. There's ways to get around these problems but a new computer with AT LEAST 2-3 gigs of RAM would be good for music recording...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by PsychomanZ
Wha?????? You clearly should NOT be giving advice it so seems.

umm WTF are you talking about? I've used both programs pretty extensively.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
umm WTF are you talking about? I've used both programs pretty extensively.

well for using them both "extensivly"...you are way off base with this quote:
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Cubase or Nuendo (Cubase leans more towards MIDI and Nuendo is more recording)