So, i've noticed that a ton of internet users, mainly on youtube, use either extremely offensive terms, such as the "n" word, or fa**ot, as well as proclaiming certain things are bad by using terms like "jewish" or "gay". I know people say stuff is "gay" a lot (i don't, out of respect for gay people), and i know some people using "jew/jewish" as a negative term, but never do people, at least where i live, use the "n" word or "fa**ot", especially not freely. yet, every time i venture of to youtube, i see extremely offensive terms floating around. how does the pit feel about this? i personally think it's very cowardly, as the people feel empowered to demean people because of their anonymity. i am all for free speech, but i feel if you can't say something to someone's face, you shouldn't say/post it at all. I know UG admins monitor this site very well for this sort of thing, and i appreciate that. anyway, what's your view on this kind of thing?
GFTO you gay jewish nigga go **** yourself you faggot

edit: for those who dont get it
im not offensive or racist against jews/blacks
it was just a joke

edit2: and to answer your question:
I think those people would never say it infront to someone, they think they are safe, so they try to be someone cool
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Last edited by Toast1337 at Mar 11, 2009,
toast, seriously........
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
I like you TS. You know your shit.

I agree, it's because nobody knows them on the internet and there's not way they're getting a kicking out of it either. If someone called me a faggot, I'd punch them. Hard. It wouldn't be the first time either.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
My English teacher was talking about this and here the basic conversation
Teacher: People use the term gay to describe something bad and are demeaning the homosexual community.
Me: I use gay to say something sucks.
Teacher: So your saying that all gay people...
Me: Choose your next words wisely.

And then like a week later she dropped the N word and she did it again today.
I commented on a metal video saying there was no melody, it was just noise. Some guy starts up this argument with me by messages. He said I was gay, a nerd, he said "**** you" to me. He said he could beat me up. Turns out he is a 12 year old with tourettes or so he says.

I just can't stand people like that who are overly aggressive and use the internet to let out their anger just because its anonymous.

So yes TS I understand your annoyance... people often become terrible people online.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
I eventually figured out that A LOT of people on Youtube are assholes who like to start arguments. It's best to just ignore them since arguing won't work.
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by Schism1985
1. ****** faggot (noun)
****** faggot. Originating from the Greco-Roman ****** and the Latin-based Faggot. ****** faggot.
Get that ****** faggot out of here!

For those who are wondering, the correct pronounciation of this word is: Nigga-Faggit(!).

For example : Get that nigga-faggit outta here!

Also, to answer TS, I agree with you but eh, freedom of speech rules. IMO, there are enough censored bullsh!t in this world.
Because people know it will cause controversy and controversy gets peoples attention/reaction - that and the fact that some people are vile bastards who should have been gassed along time ago with the rest of the Jews.
Oh no he di'nt
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Last edited by kidsilcon at Mar 11, 2009,
Quote by Schism1985
1. ****** faggot (noun)
****** faggot. Originating from the Greco-Roman ****** and the Latin-based Faggot. ****** faggot.
Get that ****** faggot out of here!

Love that clip lol.

Anyways its just a bunch of inbred semi-retarded fourth graders who are trying to look cool. I don't blame then, the internet is a way to say something without (most) people (in most cases) knowing who said it. And their parents are related so it would be wrong to look down upon them for acting that way.
It's their fault for not being white Christian Americans. Geez, you blame us for people's shortcomings?
I swear on the forums sometimes, but never for a negative purpose, like telling somebody to "**** off", etc.

I never, EVER use words like "n****r" or "f@ggot" though, even though neither apply to me, I still find them extremely offensive. I'm no homophobe, firstly, and my best friend's black, secondly.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Where I live the only one thats not used freely (or very much at all) is the n bomb. Everything else is used a lot.
Quote by guitarsftw
i personally think it's very cowardly, as the people feel empowered to demean people because of their anonymity. i am all for free speech, but i feel if you can't say something to someone's face, you shouldn't say/post it at all.

To be fair it's kind of useless to track the person down, get yourself to where they are to say something mean to them.
1st, I have gay friends, none of them are ever offended when I use the word "gay" or "faggot". They know what I mean, their not idiots. The "N" word I say abit with friends, People who understand I'm not racist and it's never used in a disrespectful way.

Edit: People say stuff like that on the net because they are faceless, They can't be punished for their words. Not like they could in the real world anyways.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Freedom of Speech, although those words are very offensive and ignorant. I do not use any of those words, and I suggest no one to. It is just ignorant and prejudice. Find a better way to express yourself other than using hateful words of bigotry.
Quote by wannabestoner69
My English teacher was talking about this and here the basic conversation
Teacher: People use the term gay to describe something bad and are demeaning the homosexual community.
Me: I use gay to say something sucks.
Teacher: So your saying that all gay people...
Me: Choose your next words wisely.

Well aren't you clever.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Hellish_Wolf
1st, I have gay friends, none of them are ever offended when I use the word "gay" or "faggot". They know what I mean, their not idiots. The "N" word I say abit with friends, People who understand I'm not racist and it's never used in a disrespectful way.

Edit: People say stuff like that on the net because they are faceless, They can't be punished for their words. Not like they could in the real world anyways.

yeah, we don't mind it as a joke, or among friends, but if someone calls me faggot trying to insult me or if I don't really know them, I get very angry and usually hit them.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I would rather express myself to the full extent of my vocabulary rather than adhere to your societal standards of what I am and am not supposed to say.

Granted, it says something about the lengths of anyone's vocabulary if they resort to constant swearing, but to say words with such wonderfully diverse meanings should be completely banished from anyone's vocabulary is just stupid, they're fun words, why don't you try them out?
Wasn't this on TV like yesterday on some show?
I hate it. I hate people, I hate it. I am filled with so much hatred towards those people, they are hateable.
Lol you guys are pretty thin skinned... if someone says that you're a faggot to your face... you'd hit them? If someone did that to me, I would take solace in the fact that that person is a complete ****ing dumbass. Thats enough for me.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Quote by Toast1337
GFTO you gay jewish nigga go **** yourself you faggot

edit: for those who dont get it
im not offensive or racist against jews/blacks
it was just a joke

edit2: and to answer your question:
I think those people would never say it infront to someone, they think they are safe, so they try to be someone cool

edit two = bingo
you live in east lansing. of course you don't use the N word.

I live in the country. If you don't use the N word, you are most likely one of the 3 black people that live in town. Yes it is a bad word, but it has turned into a slang term meaning something else. Yes it's wrong, yes we shouldn't do it, but people are going to do whatever they want to look cool, to fit in, or to stand out.
Your taking the internet to serioursly. People are d*cks on the internet, everyone has done it at some point. It's just part of it, either ignore it or if too much for you, leave. That might sound ingnorant, buts that basically how it works.
They are 10-16 year olds who don't know jack **** about the world yet. They use those terms because they realised they are offensive to others and feel like a big man when using them.

Once people get an education, experience the world, most of us realise that racism is the refuge of the ignorant, stupid and morally corrupt.
They are what Asa the Comic would would call a Laptop Gangster.

DON'T BE A LAPTOP GANGSTER.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
I challenge any of those youtube users to call some of the black kids ive met a Gay Nigga-Faggot or any other derivitive of those combined terms.

I think it's cowardly and it makes them look like an idiot rather than stress/help their argument.
I know that they're a bunch of 14 year olds, and they probably talk like that to make themselves feel big and powerful.

But they're still pricks.