Just out of curiousity what would you class as a low end ibanez such as the price range
Yeah, GRG, or just a cheap standard RG
Quote by Jody LeCompte
"My personal preference has always been for a rack unit. One less thing to play dance dance revolution with on your pedalboard"

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Gio is definitely low end. Fixed bridge RG's are all pretty much (minus the pickups) on par with the high end stuff. Edge III equipped guitars are basically the mid-range.
Quote by ch0
Gio is definitely low end. Fixed bridge RG's are all pretty much (minus the pickups) on par with the high end stuff. Edge III equipped guitars are basically the mid-range.

Edge III =/= mid range...
Anything below Prestige really should not be played.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I've heard lots of good stuff about the Ibanez GRG 170 DX. Turns out my mate has a lefty one (and I'm lefty as well) so I'm getting that ones once I get my paycheck again.
Quote by VanTheKraut
Edge III =/= mid range...
Anything below Prestige really should not be played.

Read it again. The Edge III equipped guitars. Not the Edge 3 itself. Other than the trem, they're pretty good guitars.
Most low end Ibanez guitars are pretty decent the GIOs are probably about as low as it gets but all the ones I have tried sounded and palyed great. I have checked out several GIO models that have sold used in the $100.00 price range that were well worth it. A very good starter guitar for sure. I actually picked up a great flat purple RG series for $50.00 on Craig's list I gave it to my kid and he loves it. People say it's a low end guitar but I thought it was a quality piece and sounded great.
Considdering you have Ibanez GIO, Ibanez, ibanez MIJ (prestige), ibanez J-custom, and ibanez US customs, i'd say that all that is under MIJ/prestige is pretty low end. That doesnt mean they are bad guitars. Just the lower end of ibanez.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Mar 12, 2009,
RG is a shape, not a model....

Explains why you get cheap RG's and expensive ones.
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
the GIO are the only ones I would call low end. Most of the less expensive S-, RG-, and ART-series guitars are actually very good guitars for the price.
RG120 is a good starter, or the RG with EMG-HZ pickups for 300.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10