I've heard it's the "be all end of" of overdrive pedals. Now this may just be talk as I've heard some AMAZING OD/Distortion pedals. But when I get my pro junior and sell both my amps, I will have enough for the amp and a nice pedal or a few pedals. I specifically want a nice OD. Around $100-200 although I could do more.

okko diablo? Or something else?
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I heard about them. There's this blues guy who has some sound samples on his website. They are supposed to be very good. Handwired and all that jazz. I'll get you some links in a second.
Okay, here are some clips:
http://www.gregorhilden.de/soundfiles/okko_overdrive_pedale/Diablo-1-kanal-Tele.mp3
http://www.gregorhilden.de/soundfiles/okko_overdrive_pedale/Diablo-2-kanal-Les%20Paul.mp3
http://www.gregorhilden.de/soundfiles/okko_overdrive_pedale/Diablo-1-kanal-Strat.mp3

First one is played with a Tele, second one with a Les Paul, third one with a Strat.
The clips are from gregorhilden.de, Gregor Hilden is a German blues guitarist. Looking at the prices of the pedals, I imagine the pedals will be very expensive outside of Europe (export taxes and whatnot).
Last edited by TheQuailman at Mar 11, 2009,
Yeah I just found him on youtube by searching for it. Hot damn it sounds good.

and I liked your song to Carmel Quailman. It was beautiful

EDIT: It LOOKED like I could get one for about $260-270 shipped and everything with conversions from pounds to dollars.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at Mar 11, 2009,
Well, I'd be careful and think twice. It's a new brand and nobody knows them. If you end up not liking it, you'll have a hard time selling it for an okay price.

EDIT: Thank you. It took me the better part of an afternoon to record it, I am happy to see my trolling is appreciated.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Mar 11, 2009,
Yeah, that's why I'm asking around. They sound sweet, but I'd like to hear personal experiences and other really nice possibly more local OD pedals

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Look in the xotic line of overdrive pedals, supposed to be very good. I own a fulldrive 2 and its quite transparent (though not lifelessly so) and has many options making it uber versatile.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
are you looking to use the pedal as an OD, or as a boost?
i will second the xotic line of pedals, and also, have you looked into a used hermida zendrive?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Timmy? if you can accept the wait...

other than that - i want an OKKO just to try it...but they're soo expensive

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009