Page 1 of 2
finally arrived from UPS!

Haven't had a chance to play it very much yet, only about 20 mins or so, but full review and clips to come soon. I have a big french oral presentation tomorrow and I've barely started because I was waiting for UPS all day

So far it sounds awesome and looks awesome as well. I need to crank it up some, only played at very low volumes, but it sounds really good!

I haven't fiddled with the EQ enough yet, but so far, its very responsive.

The voicing is different from any amp that I've played, its really hard to describe! It's very crunchy

I think I may have one of the most colorful rigs now

http://www.petersamplification.com/

Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
Last edited by Khoifish321 at Mar 11, 2009,

Ahhhh so sick.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Awesome, I've never heard one, but I'm already impressed by the back panel layout and options.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
That is one sexy looking rig. Congrats!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Really nice
I really like all the different bright colors in your rig

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
hahah yes, the Orange cab and PGM100 just take it over the edge, so I had to get something equally awesome for the head
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Wow.

Thats all I can say.

And nice speaker choice, I've heard a v30 and G12T-75 together blows minds
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Holy jesus your rig is so colorful
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
clips to come in a couple days, I've been extremely busy with school and I should be studying right now actually!

I paid $1920 for it. $1800 for the amp, $120 for shipping. I got it used directly from James Peters himself and he even fitted a brand new red headshell with no extra cost.

Here's a little clip of the Chimera that is not by me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLlaMaUYMXs
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
$120 for shipping!??!!??!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
holy cow!!!
tell us more about the amp. how many channels? and which ones are they? is this the chimera? what are those switches on the front? how many watts?
yeah

From Winnipeg, Canada, and I had to cover the taxes and exporting fees and all that bull. But it was worth it seeing how his amps go for $2000 used without shipping.

This is 2 channels, the Halo and the Chimera, 50 watts, with Tung Sol EL34B tubes. I might swap them out for KT88s some time though since the external bias system is the best idea ever.

It's got a low power switch which cuts the power approximately 40%, and it works great.

The awesome thing about this amp is that it sounds amazing even at low volumes, which my Splawn Nitro didn't. It's a very economical and efficient amp!
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
I'M FROM AROUND WINNIPEG! Sweet!

Anyway, I've never heard of one of those before, but I looked at it, and already I want.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by echo_4190
I'M FROM AROUND WINNIPEG! Sweet!

Anyway, I've never heard of one of those before, but I looked at it, and already I want.

You should definitely give James a call or even drop by and try out some of his amps! He is an extremely nice guy, one of the nicest guys I've ever dealt with and talked to.
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
*Jealous of both the head and cabinet.

Very nice rig - I want clips!
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Acid.......maaaaannnn!

Far out.

Looks phenomenal build quality....that black paint coat etc.
the build quality is absolutely amazing!

I'd have to say only Splawn rivals it in terms of build quality

The head is actually very light and a lot smaller than I realized. My Nitro weighed sooo much more than the Chimera and the Chimera is a good amount smaller. I think the Chimera weighs about 33 lbs while the Nitro weighed about 54 lbs..
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Wow, that is such a cool-looking setup.

The back panel of that amp has one of the nicest and cleanest layouts I've ever seen.

Also, Deluxe Memory Man =

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I wish it were a Deluxe, but sadly, it's a Stereo
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Quote by Khoifish321

The head is actually very light and a lot smaller than I realized. My Nitro weighed sooo much more than the Chimera and the Chimera is a good amount smaller. I think the Chimera weighs about 33 lbs while the Nitro weighed about 54 lbs..

My Orange comes in at about 62lbs - 'orrible - with one carry handle. My old SJ combo came in at 75+
I miss my old Engl for the fact it weighed 48lbs - which was some relief.

So kudos to you, I could flip that across the room, out the window and into the boot of the car.....not that id do that!
That is the most beautiful amp I have ever seen.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Sweet dude!

I can't wait for your clips. Your little Nitro vid was pretty sweet so I know we are in for a treat. You said he put a new headshell on does he have color options like the Splawn? Sorry if that was a noob Peters question. Glad you finally got what you've been after.
Thanks guys!

I've had a pretty special week so far, first my acceptance into Georgia Tech, and now the Peters just tops it off!

I'm honestly not sure what sort of options he has for the headshells, but I've seen it in orange, red, black, white and a dark green. He doesn't really say on his website, but I'm pretty sure he would want to talk about the options he has directly.
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
I think any color would look amazing, but I personally like all white on white
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
I'm going to just agree with everyone else in this thread. Nothing else really HAS to be said. I applaud you sir.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Happy New Fucking Amp Day!

I can't wait for clips. *licks lips*

And that Orange cab is the sex too.
I shall just concur with everyone by saying you epically win.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
that is one of the coolest looking amp rig's I have ever seen, HNAD!
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
I'm going to James' house today! **** YEAH! Get to play a Hydra head!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Ahh lucky! You have to give us a review on it. I really want to try the Gryphon and the Warhawk
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Kewl
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Last edited by Van Noord at Mar 15, 2009,
Quote by Khoifish321
finally arrived from UPS!

Haven't had a chance to play it very much yet, only about 20 mins or so, but full review and clips to come soon. I have a big french oral presentation tomorrow and I've barely started because I was waiting for UPS all day

A French oral presentation? What do you do? Stand in front of teh class with your tongue out waggling around?
Yuck

Can't see teh pics on teh work computer, but congrats on the amp, man! I heard some Chimera clips a while back, & that amp is a beast. Can't wait to get home to check teh pics!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
You can tell people you're practicing your french oral on a "red head". Then tell them you are playing with your "peters". Should get a passing grade right there...

Congrats! Very nice.
you have the most colorful rig i've ever seen

awesome amp, can't wait to hear the clips
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
made a short clip of everything EQed at noon except the Master which is a little under 9:00 and the gain which is at about 2:00. The normal boost switch is on.

Unfortunately I don't have any awesome recording equipment, just my little crappy video camera

The camera is clipping like crazy... especially when I turn it to full power mode.

I think I need to set the camera about 20 feet back now... it's about 10 feet and its still clipping!
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Last edited by Khoifish321 at Mar 12, 2009,
Page 1 of 2