Page 1 of 2
Meh, the only addition that mattered to me was the increase in capacity. I could care less about how small it is really, and the VoiceOver thing can probably get annoying.
http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/features.html?cid=CDM-US-DM-iPod-C0009228-139923&Email_PageName=C0009228-139923-c4&Email_OID=472858&cp=139923&sr=em
For those of you that have a Mac (with OS X Leopard) and are considering buying this: I'm sorry that you are stuck with Microsoft Sam's voice haha.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Mar 11, 2009,
I'd change that to "couldn't care less" before people who find it more annoying than I do flame you to death.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Christ, how small will these things be in 5 years? In the words of Lewis Black, soon we will be able to just put on underwear and hear the music in your head.
Here's an idea give it a screen next, I hear they are all the rage these days.
Quote by aznrockerdude
Meh, the only addition that mattered to me was the increase in capacity. I could care less about how small it is really, and the VoiceOver thing can probably get annoying.
http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/features.html?cid=CDM-US-DM-iPod-C0009228-139923&Email_PageName=C0009228-139923-c4&Email_OID=472858&cp=139923&sr=em
For those of you that have a Mac (with OS X Leopard) and are considering buying this: I'm sorry that you are stuck with Microsoft Sam's voice haha.

And the iPod doesn't look that great. I'd rather have something bigger that's what she said.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by bendystraw
The earbuds control the player? Too bad ipod headphones suck.
Which rather conveniently means you need to buy more off Apple if you lose or break em.

But everyone knows by now Apple isn't about choice past choosing Apple itself.
Quote by aznrockerdude

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Also, the VoiceOver thing only activates when you want it to, not before every track. Don't really see how that could 'get annoying'.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by crucible#1
arent you kinda screwed if you happen to lose the original earbuds?

Apple have said they'll be bringing out an adapter or something for 3rd party headphones.

And after looking at the control functions and how to use them... someone really shouldn't have to learn morse code to use their MP3 player.
I really don't know why anyone would want a shuffle. Eventually there gonna tell themselves "You know, I feel like listening to (insert song here)". Well too bad bitches! You gotta wait until the song comes up!
oh my days,i need a new ipod...i may purchase one of these :O
My Gear

Epiphone G400 Custom (Tuned to Standard/Drop D)

Dean DFH Baby (Tuned to Drop C)

Epiphone Special II (Tuned to Drop B/Drop A)

Orange Crush 15

Boss MD-2

Ibanez PH-7
Quote by Karvid
I'd rather have something bigger that's what she said.

Didn't you just burn yourself?
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Quote by Glimsom
Didn't you just burn yourself?

Not really. Just because I want something bigger, it doesn't mean that I don't already have something huge.

And I said, "I'd" meaning that I'd hypothetically want a bigger one IF I had to have one of those. But I don't.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
The older shuffle was better, apart from the memory.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Apple have said they'll be bringing out an adapter or something for 3rd party headphones.

And after looking at the control functions and how to use them... someone really shouldn't have to learn morse code to use their MP3 player.

that means you will have to spend more money if you want to use your own stuff? that is silly. apple really frustrates me a lot of the time.
i still kinda like my ipod, sometimes...
So of course, being there affordable iPod, it will cost you less. EXCEPT when you break your headphones, and with Apple headphones, you'll get that about once a month. BUT because your controls are on your headphones, instead of getting a durable pair of Sony Earbuds for $10, you have to buy a $hit pair of Apple headphones for $30. So after a few months, your cheapest iPod becomes the most expensive iPod unless you want it to be a tiny paperweight. And a $hity paperweight no less.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
what the hell? there's no controls on the actual ipod? that's gay. what if people don't use the ipod earbuds. i have a nano, so i'm not complaining, but to the people buying this? stupid.
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
UP TO 1,000 SONGS?!?!?!?

HOW EVER WOULD I BE ABLE TO FILL THIS DEVICE TO ITS FULLEST CAPACITY?!?!?

Seriously, they even make it a point to say that "you had to leave a lot of your songs on the sync-room floor." I have a 30GB 5th Gen and I have over 2,500 songs that aren't synced to my iPod. This revolutionary 4GB model is of no use to me at all.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Karvid
Not really. Just because I want something bigger, it doesn't mean that I don't already have something huge.

And I said, "I'd" meaning that I'd hypothetically want a bigger one IF I had to have one of those. But I don't.

And then you said a woman said the exact same thing. Meaning she wishes you had something bigger. Ergo, you just admitted you have a tiny schwantz.
You're*
Quote by username94
So of course, being there affordable iPod, it will cost you less. EXCEPT when you break your headphones, and with Apple headphones, you'll get that about once a month. BUT because your controls are on your headphones, instead of getting a durable pair of Sony Earbuds for $10, you have to buy a $hit pair of Apple headphones for $30. So after a few months, your cheapest iPod becomes the most expensive iPod unless you want it to be a tiny paperweight. And a $hity paperweight no less.

Maybe you should try not damaging your headphones.

I've had my iPod since Christmas and I'm still using the original headphones.
it's impressive... but I'd never buy one
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by metaldud536
I really don't know why anyone would want a shuffle. Eventually there gonna tell themselves "You know, I feel like listening to (insert song here)". Well too bad bitches! You gotta wait until the song comes up!

+1, i always thought the shuffle was really jsut a gimmick. you wanna listen to songs randomly? just put your good ipod on shuffle, that easy. with the 120 GB model only being $250, i dont see why anyone would get the shuffle
NOPE
Wow what crap this voice over feature is, Hopefully it can be switched off, as it is just plain annoying, come back to me when they add voice recognition, little microphone built in the earphone wire, never need to manually choose a song/album again!
it looks ugly.

and i have an ipod touch anyways...

Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by Nakon14
+1, i always thought the shuffle was really jsut a gimmick. you wanna listen to songs randomly? just put your good ipod on shuffle, that easy. with the 120 GB model only being $250, i dont see why anyone would get the shuffle
Small players like this are good for the gym and running/cycling, whatever else since you aren't going to bother changing the tracks manually anyway, they're light so they don't encumber your movement, and they're cheap as ass so if you fall over and it breaks you can replace it easy enough, they're a bit more hardy, there's less to go wrong with them and it doesn't really matter if they get covered in sweat cus you just use it when you're sweating anyway.

Anything bigger will get in the way or risks getting broken more expensively.
Quote by bendystraw
The earbuds control the player? Too bad ipod headphones suck.

Yeah, what happens if you want to replace the headphones?
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

I don't feel too great about mp3 players that are also choking hazards.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by soulflyV
Maybe you should try not damaging your headphones.

I've had my iPod since Christmas and I'm still using the original headphones.

I rock to hard for those b*tches. I blow them out with my deth metals and super hardcore riffs of deth.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Quote by Survivalism
And then you said a woman said the exact same thing. Meaning she wishes you had something bigger. Ergo, you just admitted you have a tiny schwantz.

No, she was explaining why she broke up with her last boyfriend.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
I still carry around my 80-gigabyte brick. Not interested in a shuffle.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
How is everyone not loving this?

The smalller the better, i say!
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Page 1 of 2