I'm finally getting into the world of pedal building. I figured I would start off easy with some GGG kits. My A/B switch box came today and aside from wiring the led's backwards at first, assembly went off without a hitch. I also ordered a Dan Armstrong Green Ringer octaver clone which should hopefully be delivered either tomorrow or Friday. I'll get on building that one asap and hopefully be done before Sunday when I go out of town for spring break. Pics and updates as soon as I get started on the green ringer

A/B box pics

Here I made the mistake of soldering the DC jack on the wrong side, so I'll go back and fix that eventually

Alright Green Ringer time.

Kit came today

and now ive assembled my first PCB

Gut Shot

and now to fiddle with it

Now Ive sucessfully built my first pedals!
now I tink I can move on to something a little more complex, maybe a Rat or Fuzz face clone?

clips will be comming very soon. The sound is certianly interesting, I can see this little thing being fun.
Last edited by Ryker24 at Mar 14, 2009,
even better - don't buy a kit next time and built it from scratch, Find the schem of the pedal you want to build and mod it maybe?
Yea you should build one from scratch.
I suggest a Bazz Fuss.
Very simple fuzz circuit
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by guitarcam123
even better - don't buy a kit next time and built it from scratch, Find the schem of the pedal you want to build and mod it maybe?

That's what I was planning on doing. I'd probably get a pre-made PCB though, or I'm going to have to learn how to etch one.