just like the title says its what I need. Any suggestions are great. $200 i would guess something like a squier amp and guitar pack might be available but i dont know. Thanks in advance.
Quote by DempseyPunk
I thought i saw jesus doing the same thing. He wasnt disguised as a hobo though, he just looked like jesus. He asked me for about tree fiddy. Then it hit me. It wasnt no jesus, it was that god dam loch ness monster.
i just started playing guitar
and i HATED all of the starter kits because they are so cheap the fretboard is TINY and the amps are ****
my verdict
save up some more money and get a good guitar and amp
no packs please... save up your money, get a Fender MIM standard strat/tele and a Peavey Vypyr 15 instead
Must not have explained myself well enough. Its for my friend who wants to start out. There is no reason to save up and get a $400 MIM Strat for someone who isn't sure if they will stick with it yet. Please some good beginner options.
Quote by DempseyPunk
I thought i saw jesus doing the same thing. He wasnt disguised as a hobo though, he just looked like jesus. He asked me for about tree fiddy. Then it hit me. It wasnt no jesus, it was that god dam loch ness monster.
Don't buy a Squier... please.
Buy a Dean Vendetta (they're $120) and get a cheap practice amp.
It's a great guitar to make a Frankentar out of.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
Quote by mwhan2209
Must not have explained myself well enough. Its for my friend who wants to start out. There is no reason to save up and get a $400 MIM Strat for someone who isn't sure if they will stick with it yet. Please some good beginner options.

you should have mentioned this!!!

anyways, look at the squier Affinity or Bullet series starter packs or the Ibanez starter packs.
Quote by dwarfcar21
ok you just need to buy a squireer pack no behringer.. behreinger sucked..

NO SQUIRE NO!
$200 is the max price though so I think I will have to unless you guys have some other options.
Quote by DempseyPunk
I started with this Squier pack.

I loved it at the time. For someone like me back when I had no idea where I wanted to go with guitar, it made me happier than a pig in ****. Hell my Squier wasn't a bad guitar at all. I got it properly set up about a year ago (by a Guitar tech in Staten Island who I'd trust with any instrument I have ever and will ever own) and I still will put down my Les Paul from time to time and go nuts with my Squier.

http://elderly.com/fmic/items/SQSESP-BLK.htm

Just read the price limit post, sorry it goes over by $30, but it's worth it
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Quote by mwhan2209
$200 is the max price though so I think I will have to unless you guys have some other options.

just buy him a guitar
or you whatever
you could always use ur bass amp if worst comes to worse
OK:

You will NOT get a good guitar/amp pack for $200. The best you can do is a Squier Bullet Strat (No, this has a basswood body not ply) and a Peavey Vypyr 15. Problem is, no more money! No cables, picks, no nothing. But surely you could pay an extra $25?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Get a squier. Not the affinity or bullet series, I would recommend something from the standard series and up. Then let him play through the bass amp, like Satcre said. It won't damage your bass amp, or get something lower for a guitar, I still think a squier STANDARD OR HIGHER would be fine especially if you don't know if he'll stick with it. If he is serious then have him save up another hundred dollars and get a Roland Cube 15x or Peavey Vypyr 15w. So three hundred dollars for an ok starter guitar and a good practice amp. It will be better than any starter pack.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Quote by mwhan2209

True; well, it sounds like starter packs are out of the question.

I'd check your local used listings (on a site like Craigslist) and see what you can get for your $200 budget. There are deals all the time...
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix