Can someone give me a hand...don't know a whole lot about pickups, i recently picked up a strat and wana get a set of pickups to give my guitar more of a heavy sound? any sugestions with a decent price?
How much could you spend, and are you in the States or the UK?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Get a prewired EMG pickguard set. They average around 300 bucks, but come prewired (obviously) and with great pickups. They make sets w/ 3 singles. 2 singles and a 85 or 81, and then a dual humbucker 81/85.
Easy, affordable, and great sounding mod.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
If he wants metal and only metal.
What if he wants cleans? Or somewhere inbetween? And what if he has a solid-state amp, to which EMG's do not make much improvement of tone?
it's all coming back

I'm in the states, like 150...i was thinking about using ebay to get somthing cheaper...money is kind of tight right now,know what i mean....i'm not looking for just metal i play alot of heavy rock but im looking for somthing to push my distortion..the standard pickups that are in there make it sound so bland...i do alot of recording with my boss br900 my telecaster sounds great on it but the strat sounds like crap lol
Btw. thanks for everyones help...those jerkoffs at guitar center and samash have been giving me the run around or they just tell me they don't know and that they just started as a part time job lol
it's all coming back

Quote by Gettinbroady
I'm in the states, like 150...i was thinking about using ebay to get somthing cheaper...money is kind of tight right now,know what i mean....i'm not looking for just metal i play alot of heavy rock but im looking for somthing to push my distortion..the standard pickups that are in there make it sound so bland...i do alot of recording with my boss br900 my telecaster sounds great on it but the strat sounds like crap lol
Check out http://store.guitarfetish.com/pickups.html

You can probably buy at least 2 sets. They have some nice, inexpensive sets which will sound decent on a nice tube amp.

I love the sound of the Lace Sensors in my Strat copy.

Edit: I have the Red-Silver-Blue set in mine.Here's a link to a set of them on eBay for $130
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Last edited by DuctTapeNinja at Mar 11, 2009,
a new amp will have a better impact on your sound than new pickups. the best pickups in the world dont matter if your amp isnt that great.