Page 1 of 2
IDK how well this will work but since we seem to be in an economic crisis, mabye we need a thread for it? IF no on seems interested in tlaking about it I'll get rid of the thread...

What do you think needs to get done to get us out of this recession? Is investing a good idea now, or should I not in case of failure? Is the stimulus plan really worthwhile or was that a no no on Obama's part? etc etc....

My business teacher also thinks it's the banker's fault for lending money to people who couldn't afford the loans in the first place.

Discuss
Last edited by GuitarYay at Mar 11, 2009,
Omgomg Roflburger 2nd
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Uh...
I dont think this is going anywhere but DOOWWWWWWNNNNN
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
Omgomg Roflburger 2nd

lmao roflburger, have Burger make on and then invest in Burger King?
First...PAGE!
Now I'm forever in history

okay, but back to business...
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Maybe you could start the conversation instead of just making a thread and saying "discuss".
You're very unspecific with this post. If you included more details as to what you wanted to know, I could help you more.
But a blanket statement like yours would require around a 3000 word response to really describe how the recession is affecting the nation.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
We've had a horrible economy since the 70's. An economy ruled by monopolies where private business are unable to scrape together a living is no economy at all.
Firefly > You

Trumpet Alliance
first page ftw
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by Mr_Kite
We've had a horrible economy since the 70's. An economy ruled by monopolies where private business are unable to scrape together a living is no economy at all.

You have a very misshapen view of the United States economy if you truly think that.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
Bankrupt bankers sing this song
Doomed Dow! Doomed Dow!
Bankrupt bakers sing this song,
All the doomed Dow day!

All the doomed Dow night!
All the doomed Dow day!

Bankrupt bakers sing this song,
All the doomed Dow day!
its goin to stimulants wel of coiurse
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by cgolden
You have a very misshapen view of the United States economy if you truly think that.

you have a misshapen penis. POW
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
This is what I get for laughing at pictures of the Great Depression...oh well.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
This is what I get for laughing at pictures of the Great Depression...oh well.

paybacks a bitch eh
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by GuitarYay
IDK how well this will work

I'd suggest 'not very well'...
Quote by skaithe
I'd suggest 'not very well'...

Well a few people seem to want to talk about it
Cool. I'll leave you to it. It's picked up since the first page... After roflburger I figured it had stopped going downhill and had turned into more of a freefall.

Good topic though. Being in a recession means that people have less money to spend on things like entertainment, but I also think that entertainment such as music is even more valuable now.

People like going to see a band play live and have fun so they can forget that the world is ****ed and tomorrow they'll have to pay rent.
all our money's going down the toilet now that Obama's president. when he said "change" he never said it would be good...
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Quote by skaithe
Cool. I'll leave you to it. It's picked up since the first page... After roflburger I figured it had stopped going downhill and had turned into more of a freefall.

Good topic though. Being in a recession means that people have less money to spend on things like entertainment, but I also think that entertainment such as music is even more valuable now.

People like going to see a band play live and have fun so they can forget that the world is ****ed and tomorrow they'll have to pay rent.

very nice to put that in terms such as those, have you noticed that brand shopping is slowing down and generic is where things are going, just about all the major brand corporations we looked up in my business class have been dropping steadily, well not so much steadily as dramatically which makes me wonder what will the "BIG" brands be in 50 years?

Quote by restless_thrash
i think that we need to stop pouring money into the system. just seems like a temporary fix to me.

I think the stimulus plan is a good idea on paper, but we have yet to see how long it really will help the economy
Last edited by GuitarYay at Mar 11, 2009,
I reckon the big brands will be reshuffled by the recession. In even 10 years I think there'll be a mix of big brands that manage to weather the storm now, and new brands that are born out of the recession.
I'd be interested to see which brands can and can't change to reflect the different circumstances.
Quote by skaithe
I reckon the big brands will be reshuffled by the recession. In even 10 years I think there'll be a mix of big brands that manage to weather the storm now, and new brands that are born out of the recession.

ahh yes all very well IF we get out of this any time soon
haha yes yes, I'm hoping this stimulus pacakage actually does something, with all the money we're spending on it(money we don't even ahve in the first place) it better not backfire
Unfortunately,if the plan backfires,there won't ever be another Democrat who will be the president of the US.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by Schism1985
yeah this is a load of bull ****.

Banks didn't do background checks on people who took out huge loans so that ****ed up everything

Obama's trying to use bush's failed policies to revive the economy.

etc.

well I'm glad for Obama personally, I think he just might be able to help us through this shlt
Quote by GuitarYay
well I'm glad for Obama personally, I think he just might be able to help us through this shlt

that's where you're wrong. he's using policies that Bush tried to pull off, but couldn't and failed miserably at, and now when obama tries to do it:

GUESS

Same thing, his attempts to revive the economy by throwing money (billions and billions of dollars) into it are failing.
Quote by Schism1985
that's where you're wrong. he's using policies that Bush tried to pull off, but couldn't and failed miserably at, and now when obama tries to do it:

GUESS

Same thing, his attempts to revive the economy by throwing money (billions and billions of dollars) into it are failing.

I guess, but this could pull it off, bush didn't throw nearly as much money into it as Obama has, and I guess I'm more on the approach of please God let this work
Quote by Schism1985

GUESS

It can work,if the money is used the right way...which it won't.

This just adds to the workload that future generations have though.We haven't even finished paying for WW2!!!

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Page 1 of 2