I think that I may be developing a very mild case carpal tunnel and tendinitis. I play classical guitar, and my teacher went through a similar, only much more serious case a while back. He said if I think I have symptoms, then I should take a break from it for a while, and I completely agree, but I wanted to know if there was anything I can do myself to speed up the healing process? Mainly for the latter case, I've already begun exercises for carpal tunnel.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Nothing you can do but rest. Might want to work on some relaxing exercises though. Could help.
Just don't strain the muscles, at all.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Yeah I know that. I think it's a mix of typing on my laptop incorrectly for the past few months (yeah, stupid). Thanks anyway. The inflammation is mostly in my elbow joints, if that helps at all.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Quote by linfield4466
I think that I may be developing a very mild case carpal tunnel and tendinitis. I play classical guitar, and my teacher went through a similar, only much more serious case a while back. He said if I think I have symptoms, then I should take a break from it for a while, and I completely agree, but I wanted to know if there was anything I can do myself to speed up the healing process? Mainly for the latter case, I've already begun exercises for carpal tunnel.

I always suggest seeing a doctor if you thing you have either, they can give you a lot of good advice on helping speed up recovery as well as various treatment options. I also suggest working on learning proper techniques in order to avoid getting it again.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i think seeing a doctor would speed up or help the healing process

imagine if you went and didn't have it at all.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I always suggest seeing a doctor if you thing you have either, they can give you a lot of good advice on helping speed up recovery as well as various treatment options. I also suggest working on learning proper techniques in order to avoid getting it again.

Oh, I should have also added that I'm almost positive that I didn't develop the symptoms from guitar. When I researched how to prevent the symptoms, I saw that you shouldn't type on a laptop with your wrists bent and your arms resting on the computer...which is exactly what I've been doing for a while. According to my teacher, my technique is fine, and is most likely not the culprit.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

most things like this come down to genetics. see your doctor and talk about it and see what the best computer typing form is so you avoid getting carpal from that. just keep playing guitar i'd say, but as soon as you feel any kind of strain at all just take a break and relax/stretch. talk with your teacher about play/relax and stuff like that.
i like broccoli and long drives at the beach on my segway
If the pain continues after a 3 week break, I will indeed see a doctor.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -