I found this very awesome video game song with the best guitar tone I have ever heard in my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLcERHdm5RQ

I don't need an exact copy of this tone, but I want something similar to it.

First off, I don't need a suggestion for an amp. I still want my JCM 900, I can probably get something similar from that amp anyway. I am asking more about settings and the likes.

Before I go into anything else, if you know, what pedal would be the best for that tone? If you don't know any then I would probably be able to find something from the amp's distortion.

Next, what setings would you say that tone has? It sounds like it has a bit of mids in it, but I am not smart when it comes to settings.

As for the cleans, I pretty much know that a chorus pedal might give me some help for that.

Make it short, I just need a basic description of what pedals/settings to use.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Pretty generic tone, Quite a bit of treble not much bass. I think the 900 could do a similar tone with ease.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Lots of mids, lots of highs, low to mid low bass. It's a pretty typical punk tone.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Any decent MultiFx or Modeler. Technique is a big part of it too.. like fast accurate octave slides.
That's just scoopy scoopy mids with plenty of dirt and an aggressive bridge pickup. Set your JCM to a medium crunch and run a distortion in front of it. You probably won't get that exact 'tone' with the 1960 cab, but should be pretty close.
Thanks guys, all I have to do is wait until I can actually get my JCM 900, then I can play with a good tone, which I have never actually done.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.