I've heard mixed reviews about it. One of the good ones (I think) is that it is similar to a Tubescreamer and a Modded DS-1 put together. But people also argue that that is its negative side. Does Vai actually use it or is it just in there for the ibanez sponsorship stuff. I love his tone, but does the Jemini actually accomplish it?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
if you haven't already, i'd suggest looking at this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&hl=en&v=WrBLnB3ze5Y

yes i know its corny, and steve vai is definatly a goof, but it shows you a good overview of its features

i'm personally going to wait for jason becker's perpetual burn pedal
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
haha sorry!
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
I haven't heard anything about it for a while, but I was under the impression it was basically a DS1 and a tubescreamer nailed together and splattered with paint...

I'd only suggest it if you've got a rig that's broadly similar to Steve's (bright, high output pickups into a very loud dark tube amp). Can't see it being all that useful with solid state amps, or with high-gain amps that already have plenty of gain and presence.