Well, after learning piezo isn't radioactive, and that nothing about piezo is radioactive, and that I have no confidence in myself.

So, what I have is:

A piezo tab with a mono output jack.

Currently I have the copper tape, the tabs, but not the jack, waiting on a friend to get a mono jack... mono right? And I'm going to use 60/40 gfs guitar wiring 26 guage single conductor to wire up everything.

And I want to make one of the mint piezo preamps:

And I'm a bit confused as far as components go:

I want to make it without the gain switch so do I simply remove the bottom left part and the switch? or will it mess with the current flow...

I also wanted it to turn off when there is no output, so I gathered I'd use a stereo jack and wire the plate into the battery negative terminal?

Also, I'm not that skilled with soldering, do You think I should hold off until I get a little better or is this perf board really not that hard. (It doesn't look that complicated but then again I don't know)
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Man, it's not a switch, it's a jumper, so If I were you I'd let it and see what position I liked better. It will not take any room in the circuit nor add complexity. And cheap!

The jack is wired so that sleeve and ring go to earth, so that when you plug it the circuit closes.

I made a preamp similar to this a few weeks ago, and my experience with soldering was 0. I just watched a video and bought the proper tin (with flux in it) and it was easy as pie.

The video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_NU2ruzyc4

Also, you should have posted this where you were posting, smoke detector....
i'm curious as to why everything is wrapped in copper tape as well. seems like a waste of copper tape.
Oh LOL thats not mine, thats a picture from the website I'm building mine after. Its copper shielding. Although I'm not so sure of the actual requiredness of it.

And a quick question, if I were to make a tone and volume section in my preamp would it simply go right before the output jack?

EDIT: This is what I'd love for this to look like when I'm done.

Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Last edited by sesstreets at Mar 12, 2009,