Which amp head would you suggest for me to get in that price range. I play Punk Nasty Metal.
I'm looking at the:
Peavey 6505
Laney tt50
Soldano Avenger
Moss 100w
and the
ENGL Fireball 60w
My Guitars:
Epiphone Prophecy LP GX
(Scenic Painted) American Project Strat
LTD M-10

My Amps:
Peavey XXL
Peavey 5150
Marshall 1960a 410

SELLING 360 $200USD obo
If you just play metal, it's a toss-up between the 6505 and the Fireball.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Well dude they are all metal amps
Architects play the Laney
and the Chariot and Every Time I die Play Moss.
My Guitars:
Epiphone Prophecy LP GX
LTD M-10

My Amps:
Peavey XXL
Peavey 5150
Marshall 1960a 410

SELLING 360 $200USD obo
Punk nasty metal?
The Soldano should also be a great amp, don't underestimate it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Carvin V3.

You'll never need another amp head again.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Hm, you live in Georgia, otherwise I'd be able to tell you where you could if you lived in Cali.

They're actually below your pricerange, but I can attest to the fact that they are beyond versatile. I played one a few times, went back again to play it some more with a few different guitars, and I tested EVERYTHING on it.

I played some Arch Enemy, some Guthrie Govan, some Dream Theater, some random country song, some Slayer, a Suicide Silence song,and I think a Three Days Grace song as well.

Played everything almost with a spot on tone.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Hm, you live in Georgia, otherwise I'd be able to tell you where you could if you lived in Cali.

They're actually below your pricerange, but I can attest to the fact that they are beyond versatile. I played one a few times, went back again to play it some more with a few different guitars, and I tested EVERYTHING on it.

I played some Arch Enemy, some Guthrie Govan, some Dream Theater, some random country song, some Slayer, a Suicide Silence song,and I think a Three Days Grace song as well.

Played everything almost with a spot on tone.

This Helps. I'll look into them more thank you!
My Guitars:
Epiphone Prophecy LP GX
LTD M-10

My Amps:
Peavey XXL
Peavey 5150
Marshall 1960a 410

SELLING 360 $200USD obo

No prob.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Bogner uberschall, orange rockerverb, mesa rectifier. Or perhaps wait a couple months for the Mark V to come out! i believe that supposed to be around 2 grand, oh and you probably would have to look for a couple of these amps used.
Gear:

Carvin Cobalt-350
LTD Alexi-600
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Line 6 Spider III 15
Boss DD-20
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2
Boss FZ-5
Dunlop Slash Wah
Im in love with my 6505+

But thats just me.
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ
Quote by Pac_man0123
I liked the 6505. It was good for a kind of raunchy sound... would that work with "punk nasty metal"? haha

I can never take anyone that says that seriously anymore.

Someone before me has said that?
No seriously yo should hear my style and once you do you'll understand there is
no other way of describing it. haha
My Orange rockerverb beats my 6505 in every way possible. It's even come to the point that i use my 6505 as a boost for solo's, thats all. So my vote goes to the rockerverb.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Hands down the ENGL if you can get it for under $2K. 6505 is what one of the guys I work with has, and he loves it, but everyone in his band hates it due to how noisy it is . I'd say ENGL - honestly I think it's probably a better quality amp than the Peavey, and it'll last you.

In your shoes, I'd go for the ENGL
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Quote by Demon_dave
Hands down the ENGL if you can get it for under $2K. 6505 is what one of the guys I work with has, and he loves it, but everyone in his band hates it due to how noisy it is . I'd say ENGL - honestly I think it's probably a better quality amp than the Peavey, and it'll last you.

In your shoes, I'd go for the ENGL

I must disagree on this:
You can easily solve the noise problem by using an ISP decimator or by building in a noise gate on the second channel (which costs you about 50$). The clean of the ENGL is even worse than the clean of the peavey, and the ENGL gets very muddy when you use alot of bass in your EQ. Also the crunch of the peavey is a heavenly rock tone that you cant get out of the ENGL.

Also: If you seriously want to pay 2k for a fireball, you're nuts. These things go for 900EUR new here in Europe. Than its better to buy a MIA amp of the same or better quality for less money, like the 6505.

But again, for 2k, you can get alot if you go second hand: H&K triamp, Mesa rectifier, Orange rockerverb (more interesting then ENGL amps because of the low GBP), Carvin, Diezel einstein, ...

But a Fireball hands down?? No, absolutely not.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Mar 12, 2009,
Quote by LP_CL
My Orange rockerverb beats my 6505 in every way possible. It's even come to the point that i use my 6505 as a boost for solo's, thats all. So my vote goes to the rockerverb.

+1 for the Rockerverb. It sounded better than the 6505 I've played.
out of those, i'd say the soldano, no question (i haven't heard of the moss, though).

but there are other options, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?