i know this is a bit late and that axl rose is hated on this site but i just listened to chinese democracy for the first time and i am very impressed. i never thought of axl rose as a musican at all but his new album shows me that he's more than the singer with the whinney voice that broke up a great band.

so what does the pit think,
do you like axl more for chinese democracy?
or hate him for it?
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
inb4 comments

i loved it honestly, its one of my favorite cds of 2008, and i think people need to give it a good listen and let it grow on em. thats just my opinion
My opinion hasn't changed. I knew he sucked before it came out. Then I listened to it and agreed with myself.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Title Fail.

The first lik 4 songs are tolerable at best, the rest of the CD sucks more and more with every track thereafter.
Quote by guitaringnathan
inb4 comments

i loved it honestly, its one of my favorite cds of 2008, and i think people need to give it a good listen and let it grow on em. thats just my opinion

Same.

People seem to be judging it based on what isn't there (Slash) instead of what is.

Contains some killer songs. The outro guitar solo to There Was A Time is probably my favourite guitar solo, ever.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I love Mr. Brownstone honestly. I think people just compare them on what they used to be instead of what they are now. Just treat them like a new band.
Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis
I never listened to it and it will never get a chance to be listened to by me. I will only listen to GNR if it is on the radio and nothing better is on, which is about once or twice a month. That's about all I can stand.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Originally Posted by namegoeshere
Just treat them like a new band.

they are a completly new band.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Any guitarist in a band called Guns and roses will live in the shadow of Slash. Axl Rose is just, .....Well he doesn't do himself any favors for getting new fans onboard.
Chinese Democracy has some killer songs on it. I really enjoyed the whole album, though. Axl is a really talented singer, though most of you wouldn't admit it if your life depended on it. I mostly liked the album because of the almost all-star musician cast on it. The work of the instruments is the most appealing part of the album, in my opinion.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Once you get past the fact that it is not a Guns N Roses album, and Axl is the biggest douche in the world, it actually is a good album. After you listen to it a couple times, it gets much better than when you first hear it.
It is terrible. Horrific even. And I was never really a GnR fan although their music was very listenable, so I had no sentimentality invested in this album. Thus, my disgust is not from disappointment from the album not sounding how I thought it should, but rather from the album being a big stinky piece of poo.
*LOOKS AT SIG* Yeah, I thought it was a really nice album. I actually thoroughly enjoyed it. And it only cost me 4 dollars.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲