i know the xt live has a USB out, so i'd expect the x3 to have something similar. you could get a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter and plug it into the mic input, but you might also need a pre amp.
Are you using a mixer, usb interface, or looking to plug right into your computers sound card?
Yes, you can. Plug your USB into your computer. Open up Gearbox, choose your settings. Download a recording program called "Reaper".

Once its installed, go to options>preferences and down to audio devices. Go to sample rate and type in 99900, or whatever the higher number you can enter before it starts clipping. Objective is to have the lowest latency as you can so when you play its in real time. Next just arm the track for recording, but dont click the record button. This way, you can get the tone of the track as if it were recording.

Its best to use a good set of headphones, but I think some surround sound speakers would probably do good as well. If I confused u at all, let me know and ill try to explain it better.
Quote by nonamesleftWTF
Yes, you can. Plug your USB into your computer. Open up Gearbox, choose your settings. Download a recording program called "Reaper".

Once its installed, go to options>preferences and down to audio devices. Go to sample rate and type in 99900, or whatever the higher number you can enter before it starts clipping. Objective is to have the lowest latency as you can so when you play its in real time. Next just arm the track for recording, but dont click the record button. This way, you can get the tone of the track as if it were recording.

Its best to use a good set of headphones, but I think some surround sound speakers would probably do good as well. If I confused u at all, let me know and ill try to explain it better.

Check this page out http://line6.com/gearbox_plugin/. I don't think they make gear box any more. Looks like I have to use Pod Farm
Last edited by mhbrent2000 at Mar 12, 2009,
Gearbox works fine. I downloaded it just a few days ago when I got my pod x3. Unless they recently changed it, pod x3 isnt even compatible with podfarm.

Either way, rest of what I said would still work fine.
Last edited by nonamesleftWTF at Mar 13, 2009,